Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • petunia100
    • By petunia100 10th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 468Posts
    • 85Thanks
    petunia100
    Selling Registration
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    Selling Registration 10th Oct 17 at 12:54 PM
    Has anyone had experience of selling their registration? Did it take long and how much does it cost approx to advertise it? Having trouble getting asnwers to these questions.
    Last edited by petunia100; 10-10-2017 at 1:44 PM.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Oct 17, 8:05 PM
    • 26,230 Posts
    • 10,469 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:05 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:05 PM
    How long, depends if your reg is actually worth anything. Lots of £1000+ reg numbers for sale that make no sense at all. Even if you tinker with the spacing and add fixing screws in odd places.

Is it on a vehicle or on retention?

What does it cost to advertise it from £0 to as much as you want to spend.
    Full page advert in a newspaper = a LOT.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 11th Oct 17, 10:32 AM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:32 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:32 AM
    regtransfers did mine cost £25 for fees
    • missile
    • By missile 11th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 4,396 Thanks
    missile
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    I sold my reg privately. The buyer paid agreed price for the plate plus £80 for the transfer. Transfer to new owner's vehicle was easy and instant online via DVLA website.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,751Posts Today

6,903Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin