Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The welshman
    • By The welshman 10th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    The welshman
    Trustee Bank Account Question
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    Trustee Bank Account Question 10th Oct 17 at 12:29 PM
    An IIP Trust set up for our late mother. No trust bank account was advised when the trust was set up, as only the property effectively went into the trust. Our mum died over two years ago, probate obtained and the house has now been sold. The solicitor is holding onto funds from the sale and is saying that we now required to open a trustee bank account for him to send funds to. This seems very odd to me as my siblings and I, our late mums children are the only trustees, executors and the only beneficiaries of the trust, will etc.. Initially they advised that they would simply send us cheques for the proceeds but have since changed their mind. We are just confused by it all.
Page 1
    • SevenOfNine
    • By SevenOfNine 10th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 1,142 Posts
    • 1,085 Thanks
    SevenOfNine
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    Try the Deaths, Funerals & Probate forum, more likely to get 'been there, done that' response there I think.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,931Posts Today

7,097Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin