Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lala9
    • By lala9 10th Oct 17, 12:21 PM
    • 660Posts
    • 177Thanks
    lala9
    Virgin Money Credit Card APplication
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:21 PM
    Virgin Money Credit Card APplication 10th Oct 17 at 12:21 PM
    Anybody applied for a Virgin credit card recently? Just applied and it stated they will respond within 7 days with a decision once they have checked a few things out? Is this standard process, was expecting an instant decision???

Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 14,400 Posts
    • 15,194 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    It's standard if you've been referred.

If you had been accepted instantly, they'd have told you.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 10th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    Anybody applied for a Virgin credit card recently? Just applied and it stated they will respond within 7 days with a decision once they have checked a few things out? Is this standard process, was expecting an instant decision???
    Originally posted by lala9
    That happened to me and to everyone I know who applied for a Virgin Money BT card. In my case they responded next working day and accepted my application. I don't know anyone at all who had to wait longer than 3 working days.
    • WillyWonga
    • By WillyWonga 10th Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    WillyWonga
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    I applied on Monday morning for fee free Virgin Bal tfr card and got instant decision. Usually if referred means underwriters need to look at something computer has flagged up. Should hear in a couple of days
    • BlondBoy
    • By BlondBoy 10th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    BlondBoy
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    Took nearly a month for me, albeit that was a little over 2 years ago. Heard nothing at all, presumed a decline letter was on the way. When I opened the Virgin Money envelope, found a card with a surprisingly healthy limit.
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 10th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 1,653 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    I recently applied for a second card from them. I applied at a weekend, which is sometimes not recommended. I received an email saying I'd been accepted just over a week later. My first card (MT) last year took a bit longer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,809Posts Today

6,055Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin