Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrCBH
    • By mrCBH 10th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mrCBH
    Car Allowance Help
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    Car Allowance Help 10th Oct 17 at 12:17 PM
    Hoping I can get some help here!
    I have just started a new job which comes with a car allowance. On top of the car allowance the business pays 15p/mile. As I work for a consultancy they pay this 15p/mile for journeys to and from the client's office from which i may be working. This is fine and makes sense, however, the consultancy i work for is a few hundred miles from home and the clients i work with are all closer than if i were to commute to the head office. Due to this reason the business tells me i am not entitled to tax relief on my mileage. Is this correct or would I be able to claim it back directly from HMRC?

Seems odd to me that I wouldn't benefit from this tax relief because an office I will visit a few times per year is so far away.
    Last edited by mrCBH; 10-10-2017 at 12:24 PM. Reason: update
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,931Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin