Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 10th Oct 17, 12:11 PM
    • 86Posts
    • 48Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: 'We got £157,000 back for mis-sold PPI using MSE's free reclaim tool'
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:11 PM
    MSE News: 'We got £157,000 back for mis-sold PPI using MSE's free reclaim tool' 10th Oct 17 at 12:11 PM
    A MoneySaving couple are celebrating after reclaiming a whopping £153,000 in mis-sold PPI between them - the largest PPI success story we've ever seen....
    Read the full story:
    ''We got £153,000 back for mis-sold PPI using MSE's free reclaim tool''

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Steve; 10-10-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Oct 17, 12:36 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:36 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:36 PM
    Considering that PPI would only have been a proportion of the overall debt, "Hugh" must have had some major borrowing over the years

Obviously, he couldn't have achieved this refund without Resolver
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    Caddyman
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    I'm clearly pleased for them, but I still don't get it. I myself had loans and credit cards during the 1990's and even into the 2000's and I still have credit cards to this day and never once was I in a position of being mis sold a PPI plan. I never asked for PPI either. Was I just lucky (or unlucky dependent on your point of view!). I keep excellent records, I have every single paper bank statement, loan record and credit card statement dating back to 1988 (it's amazing what a divorce will lead you keeping!) I've never been mis sold anything. How did all of these people find themselves in a position whereby they were mis sold PPI policies? It's a genuine question! To be honest, I feel well and truly seen off that I'm not on this bandwagon!
    • verloren
    • By verloren 10th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    verloren
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    I feel similar to you, Caddyman - I carefully avoided PPI at the time because I knew it was at best something I didn't need, and at worst a rip-off. If I'd known at the time I could have earned 8% on my money I'd have gone for it!
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 10th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    Caddyman
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    I feel similar to you, Caddyman - I carefully avoided PPI at the time because I knew it was at best something I didn't need, and at worst a rip-off. If I'd known at the time I could have earned 8% on my money I'd have gone for it!
    Originally posted by verloren
    Indeed! Oh how I wished I'd had crystal balls!!!
    • problemcashback
    • By problemcashback 11th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    problemcashback
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    not very often I post on MSE now but do check it, this story has a lot more to it than is being reported, maybe we could be given more details. These guys must have been borrowing huge sums, and if you borrow that amount surely you understand what you are signing up to.

The rest of us who thought we were bright enough to not tick a box we didn't need or actually read the small print sit here in wonder of all of these people who just keep paying out all of these years for stuff they don't need. Sometime you have to take responsibility for your own actions.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 11th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 20,778 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    I was only offered it twice. Once I declined (furniture bought under finance from Courts) and it was added to my payment. I smacked that on the head after the first payment was taken. Pity I spotted it!

The second time was with a TSB credit card when I knew I wouldn't qualify for protection as I was temping at the time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,524Posts Today

6,540Users online

Martin's Twitter