Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 10th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 219Posts
    • 54Thanks
    seatbeltnoob
    shpock so good for discounts
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    shpock so good for discounts 10th Oct 17 at 11:44 AM
    Bought a roof back OEM to my car for £25 (going on ebay for £80).

I got a halfords roof box for £40 the 420L model. They retail for £189. I would have paid up to half that as it was in pretty good condition. But seller sold it to me for peanuts.

I find that shpock tends to have a more of a "I don't want the hassle, just flog it cheap" crowd.

Gumtree tends to ask for a bit more. Shpock is a far less savvy market for sellers. They just want to list and sell things quickly
Page 1
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 10th Oct 17, 12:02 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Stoke
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:02 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:02 PM
    I might give it a crack today.
    • mickeymouse303
    • By mickeymouse303 10th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    mickeymouse303
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    That reminds me that I downloaded the app ages ago and never used it haha. I'll see what I can find...
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 59,270 Posts
    • 42,009 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    Whilst I don't tend to buy or sell car stuff I do find SHpock a great site for finding all sorts of odd things going really cheaply. my son got some really decent branded car mats from there from someone who just couldn't be bothered to list on eBay- got them for just £1 , brand new and un unused
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 10th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Stoke
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    So far I've not found anything particularly cheap, perhaps it's all about timing. The radio I recently bought on ebay for £50 delivered is £60 collection only on shpock.

I'll keep trying.
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 10th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    seatbeltnoob
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    So far I've not found anything particularly cheap, perhaps it's all about timing. The radio I recently bought on ebay for £50 delivered is £60 collection only on shpock.

I'll keep trying.
    Originally posted by Stoke
    oh dont get me wrong, there will always be people overvalueing their items. On my search the roofbox I bought was listed at £120 by someone else.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 10th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Stoke
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    oh dont get me wrong, there will always be people overvalueing their items. On my search the roofbox I bought was listed at £120 by someone else.
    Originally posted by seatbeltnoob
    Yeah but it's all about luck isn't it? I still think there's bargains to be had on eBay. Just look in the right place and find items that haven't been listed correctly and you can make a fortune!!
    • stator
    • By stator 10th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 5,861 Posts
    • 3,851 Thanks
    stator
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    Stuff sold too cheap is usually stolen goods
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 10th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 5,265 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    Originally posted by stator
    A bit of common sense is required; someone selling a laptop for 10% of market price in a hurry without knowing much about it is probably stolen goods. Someone selling a roofbox that's been in the back of the garage for years and can tell you about it probably isn't.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 10th Oct 17, 3:38 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Stoke
    Is the part below your post supposed to explain your post...?
    • stator
    • By stator 10th Oct 17, 4:24 PM
    • 5,861 Posts
    • 3,851 Thanks
    stator
    Is the part below your post supposed to explain your post...?
    Originally posted by Stoke
    No, nothing I say is ever tongue in cheek
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 10th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Stoke
    No, nothing I say is ever tongue in cheek
    I see Carry on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,988Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin