Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 10th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 8,948Posts
    • 13,687Thanks
    trisontana
    A Clueless MP
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    A Clueless MP 10th Oct 17 at 11:23 AM
    Please read this statement from an MP and weep:-

http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/15585255.MP_Giles_Watling_advises_motorists_caught _out_by____misleading____parking_signs_to_pay_fine s_to_prevent_charges_spiralling/

"MOTORISTS who were caught out by “misleading” parking signs have been advised to pay their fines to prevent charges spiralling before making an appeal.

Drivers were left outraged after being fined for parking in Ravensdale car park, off North Road, Great Clacton."

This is Smart Parking we are talking about and not the council. Idiot!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    • 6,450 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    Guessed it was Smart before reading through.

MP Giles Watling speaks with a fork tongue by saying pay
    them first and then appeal ???
    He is not fit to be an MP
    Maybe he takes a cut from Smart ??
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 7,411 Posts
    • 6,458 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    Could not one of his five publicly funded SPADS put him right?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 40,512 Posts
    • 80,904 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    One of the comments left on the website about this article.

Councillor Richard Everett
    1 hr ago

As many readers will already know I am supporting some 230 cases currently being taken through debt recovery. I have great respect for Giles Watling, indeed I would like to thank him for his support over this issue for many people - however I disagree with his statement that people should pay their "fines" - which of course are not fines, they are simply invoices and nobody should just pay a bill that they don't agree with or that they do not believe they owe. I would also cite the advice of Private Parking Appeals the experts on countering rogue parking operators, such as Smart Parking who say I would not recommend that motorists pay the fines (sic) as any payment will be deemed as acceptance by Smart that the motorist breached the contract.

On another note related to this story the Police are now actively investigating Smart Parking / Debt Recovery Plus for offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and the banks are also actively investigating the payments made to Smart and DRP under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
    The fightback continues.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • logician
    • By logician 10th Dec 17, 7:57 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    logician
    • 10th Dec 17, 7:57 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 7:57 PM
    He is not fit to be an MP
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    From information I have received, the MP is assisting in fighting tooth and nail (with Mr Everett) to help his constituents and is rallying support from many of his colleagues to support the new Private Members bill.

I have a sneaky suspicion that there will be another publication in the press shortly regarding a public meeting held on 7th December regarding the car park.
    TAKE PITY ON THOSE BLIND BADGERS

FOR EVERYONE ELSE - THERE IS SPECSAVERS*

* NB OTHER REPUTABLE OPTICIANS ARE AVAILABLE
    THE POSTER DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY ONE OPTICIAN
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 51,673 Posts
    • 65,329 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    Kindly (for the benefit of the forum) explain your connection and reason for bumping this old thread, logician.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 10th Dec 17, 9:26 PM
    • 3,872 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 10th Dec 17, 9:26 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 9:26 PM
    A Clueless MP

What?? another one?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

195Posts Today

1,577Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin