Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • woody252506
    • By woody252506 10th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 147Posts
    • 60Thanks
    woody252506
    UKCPS Appeal Rejected
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    UKCPS Appeal Rejected 10th Oct 17 at 11:13 AM
    Hi all,

I received a NTK from UKCPS in early September chasing for payment of £60 if i pay within 14 days or £100 thereafter.

They are chasing this as the car I am the registered keeper of was 'parking in an area for emergency vehicles only'. The time period the vehicle was parked was 6 minutes.

The particular area in question is on a private road and has a number of businesses located on it, one of which is a Greggs.

The signage is particularly poor and the actual signs are attached to some temporary fencing around waste land, set back about 6 feet from the actual road itself. To the reasonable man the signs appear to apply to this waste land and not the road. It certainly doesn't make it clear that they restrictions apply to the road. One of the signs is also obstructed by overgrown bushes in front of the temporary fencing. There are also no bays of any form indicating that the area where the vehicle was parked was for use of emergency vehicles only.

I appealed directly to UKCPS using the template on here (I refused to name the driver and took 3 photos of the poor signage and the site) and i wasnt suprised to get a second letter yesterday rejecting the appeal and pointing me towards the IAS if i dont wish to pay and want to continue the appeals process.

I have today contacted Greggs and another of the businesses who operate on the road in the hope they can help. The business have said they cant and i'm awaiting a reply from Greggs but i am not hopeful. I have asked the business if they can tell me who the actual land owner is and i can then contact them directly to see if they are willing to help out.

I have read through the various guides and other peoples experiences and am not going to contact the IAS due to the latest recommendations on here.

I'm starting the thread now so the forum is aware of what is going on in the hope that if UKCPS do dig their heels in and continue chasing to the point that court action is close, people on here will kindly assist me
    Last edited by woody252506; 10-10-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,126Posts Today

8,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin