Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tadaska
    • By tadaska 10th Oct 17, 11:03 AM
    • 32Posts
    • 4Thanks
    tadaska
    What if completion is not done in time?
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:03 AM
    What if completion is not done in time? 10th Oct 17 at 11:03 AM
    My mortgage is supposed to go from NatWest to Barclays. I started the ball rolling with L&C months ago and all was good, everything approved, only needed to complete by Enact. I even paid them almost £900 later because they said there was a shortfall. And it's been weeks now and they haven't completed yet. Completions get reset or postponed. But I thought they know what they are doing I don't so I wasn't worried. But a week ago when I tried to log in to my Barclays mortgage account and couldn't I called Barclays and they said the account was closed even though I still have a mortgage with them??? They had no idea what's going on and told me to call Enact. So I called and I was told the deadline for completion is 13th of Oct. and they will complete on the 9th. I call Enact again today (10th) and they tell me they don't have the funds from Barclays yet... I am now seriously worried but have no idea what I can do...

What will happen if they can't complete in time? Do I lose money, get a bad mark on my credit history or anything like that? I am having a very bad feeling about this. Any of you knows what is the worst I should be ready for?
Page 1
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 10th Oct 17, 4:29 PM
    • 4,711 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:29 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:29 PM
    Presumably the "old" mortgage will simply add daily interest until it's ported?
    • tadaska
    • By tadaska 10th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tadaska
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    What does it mean?

If the completion is not done in time does it mean that the deal is off and I'll just carry on with the "old" mortgage as nothing happened and I'll have to start a new remortgage process from the beginning? I think I read somewhere that if it's not done in time it expires and has to be started again :/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

12Posts Today

4,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin