Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsW15
    • By MrsW15 10th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrsW15
    I've given wrong info for ppi claim
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    I've given wrong info for ppi claim 10th Oct 17 at 10:11 AM
    Hi

I'm new to this but I need to ask a question. I have put in a ppi claim with Shop Direct (Very). They have comfirmed I did have ppi and asked me over the phone for detais of employment etc.
    However, I've now realised Ive given incorrect information. I thought I was on maternity leave, this is incorrect.
    I was assuming I got 12 months maternity leave but it was only 6 months back in 2004. I never went back to work after having my daughter so therefore I was not in employment at the time of taking the catalogue out.
    Do I make them aware of this as will it now seem like I'm trying it on and will that jeopardise any claim I have? It's a genuine mistake on my part.
    I hope this makes sense. Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 13,681 Posts
    • 14,143 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    Let them know.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 10th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,129 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    Hopefully you stated that you were not in employment when you applied for credit?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 19,542 Posts
    • 9,644 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    I was not in employment at the time of taking the catalogue out.
    Originally posted by MrsW15
    If you can prove this then that actually strengthens your mis-selling complaint. If you told them at the time of application that you were not working then you should never have been (mis)sold the insurance.
    However, if you told them you were on maternity leave from employment, then telling them otherwise now will make no difference to the outcome of your complaint.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,436Posts Today

6,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin