Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RichTeaBiscuit88
    • By RichTeaBiscuit88 10th Oct 17, 9:59 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RichTeaBiscuit88
    Halifax HTB ISA Interest
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:59 AM
    Halifax HTB ISA Interest 10th Oct 17 at 9:59 AM
    Hi all,

First time poster here.

I am currently using the Halifax HTB ISA to save up for a deposit, and we're getting pretty close to our target.

One question I have relates to the interest paid on the ISA. It's paid out yearly, and my 2-year anniversary is still a couple of months away. The problem is that we've seen two houses we really like, and feel we have to move quickly to claim either of them.

Therefore, if I was to close my HTB ISA account before the yearly interest payment, will this interest be pro-rata'd? Or would I lose all entitlement to this year's interest? As you can appreciate, every penny would help us out tremendously.

Thanks in advance,
Page 1
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 10th Oct 17, 10:10 AM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    greenglide
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:10 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:10 AM
    When you close the account the interest accrued to that day is calculated and paid with the balance.

It is only on accounts with a notice period when the interest may be forfeit.
    • frankmassiebonsai
    • By frankmassiebonsai 10th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    frankmassiebonsai
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    You may be well aware of this already, but just make sure that *you* don't close the account, and instead follow the guidelines for claiming the bonus payment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,053Posts Today

6,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin