Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Korkyb
    • By Korkyb 10th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 164Posts
    • 37Thanks
    Korkyb
    Laptop choice / buying advice.
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    Laptop choice / buying advice. 10th Oct 17 at 9:58 AM
    Hi all!

I'm looking for a smallish laptop with a decent battery life, full HD screen and ideally a SSD (although not a dealbreaker as I have a spare one. (budget around £500 but can be flexible)

I'm currently looking at the Lenovo 13 which I can currently buy the following spec for about £467. (through Health Service Discounts).
    • Processor : Intel Core i3-7100U Processor (3MB Cache, 2.4GHz)
    • Display Panel : 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare, 250 nits, Black
    • Memory : 8GB DDR4-2133 SODIMM
    • Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 620
    • Battery : 3cell 42Wh
    • Hard Drive : Intel 180GB Solid State Drive, 2.5", SATA3, OPAL2.0

Before hitting the buy button I was wondering if this is as good as I'll get for my cash or should I be looking at something else?

Another thing I'm wondering is whether to upgrade to an Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.1Ghz) which would cost around an extra £50.

Would I see much difference in performance given the nature of the machine and how would the more powerful processor affect battery life??

Cheers for any advice!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin