Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grebbie212
    • By Grebbie212 10th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Grebbie212
    6 Year IVA + 1 Year
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    6 Year IVA + 1 Year 10th Oct 17 at 9:45 AM
    Hi there,

Looking for some advice, in the next 2 months I finish a 6 Year IVA + 1 Year totalling 7 years of payments. Once I pay my last payment in December will I need to wait to sort my credit file out, as the IVA only stays on your file 6 Years from the start of your IVA. Would this mean also that my completion certificate would be sent out quicker rather than the 6 months that I have heard most people have waited for it?
    I’m looking to remortgage as soon as possible as our rate is a variable one and want to get tied into a decent one before interest rates rise. Will be able to do this sooner as IVA should be off of my credit file by now?

If someone has had a similiar experience to mine, I would love to hear about what happened and how they steered there life back into reality again. Many thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 12,176 Posts
    • 11,639 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    Hi,

Everything associated with the IVA will be gone after 6 years.

Your completion certificate is sent out at the discretion of your IP, and it can take up to six months, however you don't need it for anything, its just a simple A4 piece of paper with a date on it, that's it.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

2,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin