Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jayh
    • By Jayh 10th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jayh
    Title on house
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    Title on house 10th Oct 17 at 9:43 AM
    Hello,

My ex wife and I seperated 2 1/2 years ago, I signed over house in her name, mortgage is in her name only. House was purchased on shared ownership scheme ,my name is still on the title... ex wife employed a local solictor to arrange for title to be put in her name only 18 months ago, to this day they have stil not arranged for it to happen despite me signing documents to proceed when they were first instructed.

The solictors she instructed phoned me 5 weeks ago to ask me to contribute towards costs, so I agreed and paid them cash in their office. They have still not sent the documents off depsite me phoning nearly every day asking for an update.

All the parties involved in the shared ownership have agreed that title can be put in my ex wifes name only so there are not any stumbling blocks.

The solictor that my ex employed has been shocking to say the least, they always promise to call me back, never do or say they are working on the paperwork etc. it is just excuse after excuse but nothing acutally ever happens.

Please can some advise what I can do on this matter? I am really depesperate not to get the matter resolved. Ex wife is not willing to chase solictors but they will deal with me as she was the one who instructed them in the first place.

I have spoken to citzens advice but they cannot help. I cannot afford to get another solictor involved in the matter.

Please help.
Page 1
    • armchaireconomist
    • By armchaireconomist 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    armchaireconomist
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    If they're as bad as you say they are, and as you say you cannot afford another solicitor (why YOU'RE paying to give the house to her is another matter) I'd go sit in the office and demand they do the job they were paid for and refuse to leave until it's resolved.
    • Jayh
    • By Jayh 10th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jayh
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I honestly think that could be the next option that I have to look at. Everyone else involved in the shared ownership part are easy to deal with, always answer emails and return phone calls, it is just this solictor.

Hand on heart, I have not taken any of the equity from the house or any form of payment , I just want the matter resolved so I can carry on reparing my life.
    • armchaireconomist
    • By armchaireconomist 12th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    armchaireconomist
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    Failing that you can always go down the official complaints route. You have my sympathy if it's worth anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin