Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BENNYBARBELL
    • By BENNYBARBELL 10th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BENNYBARBELL
    UKPC parking threats
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    UKPC parking threats 10th Oct 17 at 9:08 AM
    Hi guys
    Iv had a look through the newbie forum but feel I need a bit more/different advice.
    Long story short, outside the front of my old apartment complex I received ticket from UKPC. I had just moved out.
    I ignored it thinking it wouldnít go further. But letters started coming through my parents door in regards to it.
    Now I donít live with my parents and havenít for a few years but my cars registered there.
    Whatís the best way to proceed with this? Pretend I never got the letters as I donít live there and get my parents to inform them I havenít lived there in a long time?
    This is in Belfast by the way.
    Thanks guys
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    The newbies faq thread has specific advice for NI residents! You can ignore.
    • BENNYBARBELL
    • By BENNYBARBELL 11th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BENNYBARBELL
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    Yeah but it’s annoying my parents having these letters, espically as my mother is a worrier and prob thinks debt collecters are coming to the door to take me to jail or pay 000’s of pounds. If they rang and just said I don’t live there and stop sending letters would it help?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    • 16,097 Posts
    • 20,152 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    no , nothing will help, just tell them not to open them and to pass them on to you whenever you visit them

nothing will happen without a court order , no debt collectors , no bailiffs
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 14,947 Posts
    • 23,473 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    We don’t normally advise any contact with PPCs or debt collectors in cases involving NI or Scotland. But if it is worrying your parents that much, write to them and tell them that the registered keeper no longer lives at that address, and that any further communications should be sent to xxxxx.

More worryingly, (for you, not your parents), is the fact that you seem not to have updated these details with the DVLA. It needs to be done via two separate notifications, as there’s no read-across, one for your V5C (log book) and one for your driver’s licence. There’s a max £1,000 (real) fine potentially waiting in the wings if you get caught out.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Oct 17, 3:25 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:25 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:25 PM
    Yeah but itís annoying my parents having these letters, espically as my mother is a worrier and prob thinks debt collecters are coming to the door to take me to jail or pay 000ís of pounds. If they rang and just said I donít live there and stop sending letters would it help?
    Originally posted by BENNYBARBELL
    Debt collectors operate by sending letters!

If you have any concerns about your parents seeing these come through the door consider paying for your mail to be redirected.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin