Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mt99
    • By mt99 10th Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    • 393Posts
    • 177Thanks
    mt99
    Open Banking
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    Open Banking 10th Oct 17 at 8:13 AM
    Good article on open banking...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-4944932/Keep-money-identity-safe-Open-Banking.html
Page 1
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 10th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    An emerging technology based on the relatively older concept of data transparency. What it does call for is an open standard of API and it's not clear whether Open Banking can still be achieved if their is more than a single standard.

The Daily Mail is sometimes given to sensationalism and their article on Open Banking is no exception. Taken at face value, the Daily Mail is saying that private date will be provided to anyone and everyone putting that data at risk of fraud. A bit far fetched in my opinion.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 10th Oct 17, 9:55 AM
    • 2,847 Posts
    • 1,237 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:55 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:55 AM
    The Daily Mail is sometimes given to sensationalism and their article on Open Banking is no exception. Taken at face value, the Daily Mail is saying that private date will be provided to anyone and everyone putting that data at risk of fraud. A bit far fetched in my opinion.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    Yes, a prime example of their sensationalism, they even have to negate their own ridiculous headline....

Open Banking rules mean banks can share YOUR data: Here's how to OPT OUT and keep your money safe online

How do I opt out?
    In fact, you don't need to opt out. In order for any third party to have access to your data, you will have to opt IN.
    • mt99
    • By mt99 10th Oct 17, 11:36 AM
    • 393 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    mt99
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:36 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:36 AM
    Yes that is indeed what the article says:

"How do I opt out?

In fact, you don't need to opt out. In order for any third party to have access to your data, you will have to opt IN. "
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,294Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin