Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • edaa32
    • By edaa32 10th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    edaa32
    Britannia Parking - can't appeal
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    Britannia Parking - can't appeal 10th Oct 17 at 7:31 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Firstly thank you to all contributors for taking the time to respond and advise people like me on private parking charges.

I have recently received a PCN from Britannia Parking. Contravention was parking longer than maxmim time permitted of 2hrs (I was 40 mins over). Date of contravention was Friday 8th September 17 and date of notice 25th September.

I started my research which brought me to your forum. I followed your advice for Newbies and wrote an angry complaint letter to the two retailers I visited on that day (DFS & The Range) so called "anchor tenants" of the retail park. The Range were sympathetic but...... didn't think they could do anything although would try and not heard anything back from DFS yet. At the same time I have written an appeal to Britannia Parking and have tried to lodge appeal on their website following the links therein. However I keep getting a message to say that I cannot submit an appeal but does not say why?? Have you had any experience of this. Am I trying to appeal too soon or have I left it too late? Today is day 16 after notice sent - unfortunately only read it on 3rd Oct due to holiday.

I am furious, this was until 6 weeks ago a free parking retail park (I've spent £1000s over the years) and bearing in mind that the majority of retailers are of home furnishings type, not to mention The Range with a cafeteria, 2 hours can easily pass.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 10th Oct 17, 8:10 AM
    • 3,878 Posts
    • 5,466 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:10 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:10 AM
    you should send a letter/contact the retail park owner, the tennants in most cases wont care/do anything. before you do, post it on here as you may shoot yourself in the foot/waste time if you do not get it right.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Oct 17, 8:51 AM
    • 7,432 Posts
    • 6,483 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:51 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:51 AM
    Two hours is insuffciient time to spend in dfs and The Range, especially if you are shopping for a suite. You could therefore perhaps argue that it constitutes an unfair term in a consumer contract. It is certainly nor in the best interests of the retail outlets there.

http://www.linklaters.com/Insights/Publication1386Newsletter/PublicationIssue20080930/Pages/PublicationIssueItem3533.aspx

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=consumer&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=consumer+rights+act+2015&gs_l=hp..0 .0j0i131j0l2j0i131.0.0.0.10103...........0.QG7tkFM UBhU&gws_rd=ssl
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-10-2017 at 8:59 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,929Posts Today

7,161Users online

Martin's Twitter