Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 10th Oct 17, 6:17 AM
    • 2,838Posts
    • 38,316Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Tuesday 10th October 2017
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Tuesday 10th October 2017 10th Oct 17 at 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Tuesday 10th October 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark here, damp underfoot but not cold. Forecast is for dry, dull and overcast.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was a bit late because hairdresser was here, but was an easy fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. I also remembered to get the beef casserole out of the freezer to defrost - so tonight I'll be re-heating this in my cast iron cooking pot on the stove top, then transferring it to the oven, and making some dumplings to go on the top, mash and veg to go with it. That has made a bit of space in the freezer - as there's 5 boxes of this, starting to actually see some space in the freezer.

Yesterday work was a nightmare, slow to start then just went manic, the telephone part of the job I did yesterday afternoon and the calls were stacked and just kept coming - but the day flew past and I do prefer to keep busy. We'll see what happens today, another busy one I hope.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 10-10-2017 at 6:24 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • elona
    • By elona 10th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 11,194 Posts
    • 59,327 Thanks
    elona
    Cranky

I don't want to nag but maybe you should be trying to rest the leg?
    Thank heaven you had extra dressings as I don't like the sound of the dressing drying out. Had you heard of Manuka honey as a medical dressing?

Finally had electrician come back with the new porch light which is square, silver and white and looks a lot more modern than the yellowing round glass and black plastic object that was there before.
    I can now have the porch lit up when days get dark early or when a dd is staying over and rolling in - er coming back later

Made a big pot of soup with veg and pork ribs and had some just now and still have some to put in the fridge for tomorrow. A new duvet has arrived and will put it on my bed later as my old duvet was getting a bit heavy and tea stained

tru

I am so sorry about your bird but your mini me's did well by her and she was looked after to the end.

csarina

You are wise not to take DH to a wedding as if he gets sick, dizzy or has a bad headache he would be miserable and not enjoy it. Better for him to be safe at home.

nelski

I am sorry your brother will not be around for a few months and even sorrier he did not talk to you and give you any warning but at least he will not be contradicting whatever you do or say and distracting you both. Those who are there the least and do the least are usually the loudest in complaints and criticisms.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

230Posts Today

2,593Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin