Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DW1234
    • By DW1234 10th Oct 17, 12:10 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    DW1234
    Positive PIP outcome and so quick
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:10 AM
    Positive PIP outcome and so quick 10th Oct 17 at 12:10 AM
    Just wanted to post my experience with claiming PIP on behalf of my daughter. Sorry if I ramble, itís my first post.

She has been on ESA support group for many years due to MH issues, depression, severe panic attacks, anxiety etc.

ESA currently due for renewal, awaiting f2f assessment end of month.....absolutely dreading it on her behalf!!!,

Decided to claim PIP on 4/7/17, to be honest was scared too before that as afraid ESA would be affected, as had such an ordeal at last assessment. I completed the form, showing how she met the discriptors, no medical evidence was provided as Dr refused stating if they want it they can write to him, daughter very socially isolated so not undergoing treatment except medication from GP. I am her carer, and itís not easy, nor is this the life I wanted for my daughter, but we have coped as best we can, and will continue to do so.

Had her f2f on 20/09/17, assessor was very nice, and allowed me to speak at times too, it was still a nerve wracking experience and daughter really struggled to get through it.
    Today she got award letter giving her standard daily living 10pts and standard mobility 10pts, decision had been made 2/10/17.

We are just in shock after everything I had read, didnít for one minute think she would get it without a fight.

Just wanted to explain how things can work out, the assessor was a paramedic in this case, and I do feel she really understood the issues, and obviously reflected that in her report. She told us she had written to GP for further information, and had to wait for his response.

I believe daughter will also now qualify for severe disability premium, she does meet eligibility criteria.Does anyone know if she needs to claim that or will ESA be notified by PIP??
    Last edited by DW1234; 10-10-2017 at 1:10 AM.
Page 1
    • Ames
    • By Ames 10th Oct 17, 12:50 AM
    • 16,341 Posts
    • 28,616 Thanks
    Ames
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:50 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:50 AM
    Congratulations you must be so relieved.

Regarding the SDP, you say you're her carer, do you claim carer's allowance? If so, she's not eligible. She also needs to live alone.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • DW1234
    • By DW1234 10th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DW1234
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    Sorry, my mistake she does live alone and meets eligibility criteria for SDP, nobody claims carer’s allowance.

Thank you, yes absolutely delighted, just can’t stop thinking about it...hence still awake at this daft hour! Of course still very worried about the upcoming ESA assessment as well, but one now out of the way.

So are you aware if SDP has to now be claimed, or will ESA be notified and adjust payment??
    Last edited by DW1234; 10-10-2017 at 1:11 AM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th Oct 17, 6:34 AM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,364 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:34 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:34 AM
    Great news, well done! They don't automatically award SDP, you need to ring ESA and fill in the IS10 over the phone, or ask them to send the form to her. It will be awarded from the start of her PIP claim, if eligible at that point.
    • DW1234
    • By DW1234 10th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DW1234
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    Thank you, will call ESA and do it over the phone.

Forgot to add the letter also confirmed backpay from date of claim which was paid into account yesterday, same day as letter received, also letter from council tax confirming PIP.

Hopefully anyone waiting or in this position will see sometimes the experience is not always too bad, traumatic and nerve wracking yes, but process smooth in our case.
    Last edited by DW1234; 10-10-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    • 47,721 Posts
    • 173,156 Thanks
    beanielou
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    Great result
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • DW1234
    • By DW1234 11th Oct 17, 11:56 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DW1234
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:56 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:56 PM
    Quick update...

Letter arrived today from ESA confirming new payment due to pip award, and that backpay would be put in bank.

So they must have been automatically notified as pip decision was made 2/10, and this letter dated 5/10, saves a phone call, so really pleased.

Just a pity she has the trauma and stress of next weeks f2f assessment for esa......shame they can’t base this decision on the pip assessment, would save money and resources.
    • TOBRUK
    • By TOBRUK 12th Oct 17, 1:23 AM
    • 2,268 Posts
    • 2,730 Thanks
    TOBRUK
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:23 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:23 AM
    Quick update...

Letter arrived today from ESA confirming new payment due to pip award, and that backpay would be put in bank.

So they must have been automatically notified as pip decision was made 2/10, and this letter dated 5/10, saves a phone call, so really pleased.

Just a pity she has the trauma and stress of next weeks f2f assessment for esa......shame they canít base this decision on the pip assessment, would save money and resources.
    Originally posted by DW1234
    Great news. I recently had to apply for PIP - moving from DLA. Had my face to face assessment on 3rd August and received a decision within a couple of weeks - a positive outcome and awarded both components. My ESA face to face assessment took place end of March, which was also successful.

It is very stressful, and is a relief when it is all over. Try not to worry too much about the ESA assessment, easier said than done I know. Hopefully that too will be successful.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,664Posts Today

7,291Users online

Martin's Twitter