Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 9th Oct 17, 11:32 PM
    • 2,945Posts
    • 1,107Thanks
    trinidadone
    TalkTalk Scammers on 01457 828541
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:32 PM
    TalkTalk Scammers on 01457 828541 9th Oct 17 at 11:32 PM
    I received a call from someone pretending to be from talktalk.

The indiviudal was a male and spoke with a indian accent. He advised me my internet connection was slow, and I should go to my wifi box.

When I told the gentlemen I did not have the time, he hung up.

I telephoned talktalk and was advised this was not a call made by them.

The number is 01457 929541
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
Page 1
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 11th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    Hi trinidadone,

I'm really sorry you've received a scam call, if you visit our help pages, you can find advice on how to approach these calls and also report the number to our Fraud Team.

Thanks,

Becky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 8,620 Posts
    • 5,096 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    I received a call from someone pretending to be from talktalk.

The indiviudal was a male and spoke with a indian accent. He advised me my internet connection was slow, and I should go to my wifi box.

When I told the gentlemen I did not have the time, he hung up.

I telephoned talktalk and was advised this was not a call made by them.

The number is 01457 929541
    Originally posted by trinidadone

There are lots of posts about these ,usually Asian ,companies trying to trick you into giving them access to your computer. More usual claims are being from BT or Microsoft and some of us wrote about the fun we had winding these people up.

They have absolutely no connection with your provider, but choose big names they know that people are likely to expect contact from. The numbers on caller display are also false, some nonsense and some appearing to be real UK numbers by starting with 01,02 or 03. (I even had a call from my own phone; person choosing that number ,not very bright.)
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 12th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,897 Posts
    • 2,672 Thanks
    Robisere
    • 12th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    Reported this on Whocalledme:
    https://who-called.co.uk/

If unsure about a call, hang up, get the number and report it here. That spreads the number around other users.
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,536Users online

Martin's Twitter