Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Itsadogslife
    • By Itsadogslife 9th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 786Posts
    • 2,294Thanks
    Itsadogslife
    First Direct Remortgage
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    First Direct Remortgage 9th Oct 17 at 10:13 PM
    I wondered if anyone might be able to answer a question for me?

I have completed an application with First Direct for a re-mortgage and we have asked for an additional £15,000 for home improvements. We have submitted all docs and have been approved and it is going through now - haven't been contacted yet by the legal people or signed any documents. First Direct said we have to have them as two separate mortgages as we can only remortgage for the figure we have outstanding with Nationwide and then any extra is additional borrowing.

If I have changed my mind about the additional borrowing and don't want the extra £15,000, do I have to start the whole process over again or can we just sign and take off the additional bit?
    LBM Debt as of 01/05/11 - £39,483.84

Debt free as of 24/07/13
Page 1
    • YHM
    • By YHM 10th Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    YHM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    How did you process the application? Online or over the phone with an adviser?
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • Itsadogslife
    • By Itsadogslife 10th Oct 17, 9:02 PM
    • 786 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Itsadogslife
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:02 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:02 PM
    With an advisor over the telephone 🤔
    LBM Debt as of 01/05/11 - £39,483.84

Debt free as of 24/07/13
    • YHM
    • By YHM 10th Oct 17, 10:14 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    YHM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:14 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:14 PM
    Its what they call an 'Advised Amendment'. Just ring back in and they will amend the advice and the application. It won't be a brand new application, just a variation.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,428Posts Today

7,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin