Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sammykins75
    • By sammykins75 9th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sammykins75
    barclays overdue sending ppi cheque out
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    barclays overdue sending ppi cheque out 9th Oct 17 at 9:25 PM
    hope somebody can help. After a letter and cheque being sent out on 10th April 2017 ( according to barclays) I had a letter forwarded to me from my old address stating barclays owed me ppi and were trying to locate me. The new owners told me there had been no other mail With a lot of chew and misinformation from barclays, I finally had my address and name changed, and was told my case was reopened and had a 40 day time limit. That limit has come and gone. Ive been told it was sent on 8/09/217, but they then realised the case handler hadn't pressed print, so we will email her and ask her to do it. Yet another phone call tonight and it still hasn't been done. again told we will email the case worker and its a matter of urgency. I asked to speak to the manager and i was refused. There is no information on why there is a delay. There shouldnt be a delay as they had issued the cheque once already, so its not a case of there is no refund due.I am completely stressed with it all. Ive spent hours and a fortune on the phone to them. Who can i contact next ????????
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 9th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 7,177 Posts
    • 5,163 Thanks
    -taff
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    What on earth are you stressed about?

It's money and you'll be getting ti back. Calm down.

Writ to them, tell them unless they get their act ogether, you're going to the Ombudsman. Then sit back and wait.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    Who can i contact next ????????
    Originally posted by sammykins75
    Don't be stressed.

Write a strongly-worded letter to the CEO of Barclays or refer your case to the Ombudsman.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,227Posts Today

5,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin