Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sanova76
    • By sanova76 9th Oct 17, 7:56 PM
    • 78Posts
    • 6Thanks
    sanova76
    reclaiming JSA after holiday abroad
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:56 PM
    reclaiming JSA after holiday abroad 9th Oct 17 at 7:56 PM
    Hi,

I'm claiming contribution based JSA at the moment. I've booked a week family holiday for end oct. This was booked before I found out I've been made redundant in August and it's not something I can rescheduled or ask for a refund.

I'm aware I won't be entitled to JSA whilst I'm out of the country. Will I have difficulties to reclaim? What do I have to do? Sign off and reapply? I heard about rapid reclaim, what is this?

Please advise.

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • GothicStirling
    • By GothicStirling 9th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 725 Thanks
    GothicStirling
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    I think yoy have to be out of the country for 4 weeks, I'm sure someone will clarify. Best to explain the situation to your Advisor, and they'll advise you one way or the other.
    • Stylehutz
    • By Stylehutz 9th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    Stylehutz
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    You have to close your claim and then make a rapid reclaim. Awaits replies from daily mail readers who will say you shouldn't be going on holiday if claiming Jsa. Lol
    Last edited by Stylehutz; 09-10-2017 at 8:26 PM.
    • Stylehutz
    • By Stylehutz 9th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    Stylehutz
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    I think yoy have to be out of the country for 4 weeks, I'm sure someone will clarify. Best to explain the situation to your Advisor, and they'll advise you one way or the other.
    Originally posted by GothicStirling
    No you have to close your claim even if you are out of country for just one day. Makes a mockery really as its quicker to take a train from London to Paris then London to Newcastle. Still the jsa bigwigs know Best and make up new rules as they go along.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,536Users online

Martin's Twitter