Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SalD
    • By SalD 9th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SalD
    Small claims papers
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    Small claims papers 9th Oct 17 at 7:37 PM
    Good evening all,

I have received small claims papers from Northampton from ES parking enforcement Ltd via Gladstones solicitors ltd. dated the 4th October 2017 and now have 14 days to respond as they now want payment for £237.95

I received a parking ticket for £60 from ES parking enforcement Ltd for parking in a residential area which has been written as whitewell and hodder place blackburn on their correspondence, but after reading information on the forums I decided not to respond to correspondence to avoid identifying the driver and an unlikelihood of them taking legal action for such a small claim.

I have gone through the plentiful information on the forums but I can't get my head around it and it sure what response I need to make now.

I did receive an LBC from Gladstones which was the time to act however due to caring for my ill father and his surgery etc I had already received the claims papers before opening it and responding to them.

So from the advice in the forums what I know is ES parking enforcement Ltd is a member of the IPC. I went back to the area and took photos on my phone and there is no signage whatsoever except for one sign quite far from where I've parked which was obscured by a parked car and not legible from the space I was parked in. The sign on the lamppost is missing and in the photo they've got of my car there is no sign around my car either.

I have never been to court and would like to keep it this way!

What I also wanted to know is if there are any counterclaims I can make because this thing has stressed me out whilst I was already having a hard time with all the stuff going on

Many thanks to MSE and its members for all the great work they are doing!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 7:40 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:40 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:40 PM
    read post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially the BARGEPOLE walkthrough

do the AOS online to double the length of time to draft your defence

read a dozen 2017 threads with GLADSTONE claims etc and do your own defence draft, then post it for critique

later this will be emailed as a pdf attachment to the CCBC
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

358Posts Today

2,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin