Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jay2017
    • By Jay2017 9th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jay2017
    PCM Issued parking ticket at Hayes & Harlington Station
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    PCM Issued parking ticket at Hayes & Harlington Station 9th Oct 17 at 7:33 PM
    Hi All

I got a letter in the post from PCM issuing a fine for dropping someone off outside Hayes and Harlington station (High Point Village). As I have been made aware by the forums there is a 10 min grace period when dropping people off and will highlight this in the appeal.

I am writing to find out if anyone has been successful with getting PCM off their back (based on the 10 min window) by following the instructions in the newbies thread? And what sort of response they had to that defence?

I have read through previous postings regarding the same company / incident location but can't seem to find what the resolution was.

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 16,098 Posts
    • 20,153 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    you willl find that parking companies reject the vast majority of appeals no matter what is said , so its unlikey to work (even if it is mentioned)

as this was a station , POFA2012 does not apply , bylaws apply

so do not reveal who the owner or driver are, appeal as KEEPER only , expect a rejection and then ignore unless you get court papers

the NEWBIES faq sticky thread does explain all of this
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 7,173 Posts
    • 6,220 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    Read this

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/byelaws/
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 40,418 Posts
    • 80,735 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Please first confirm the name of the parking company as there are several with the same or similar initials who belong to different ATAs, meaning that the appeal templates are different.

If the car park belongs to the station, then railway byelaws probably apply. If this is the case then you should add that point to the initial appeal template, plus the point that the scammers have failed to allow the grace period(s) stipulated by their ATA, so they should cancel fifthwith.
    Don't hold your breath though.

Make sure you do not reveal the identity of the driver. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,105Posts Today

6,864Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin