Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trislander
    • By Trislander 9th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Trislander
    What should I do??
    • #1
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    What should I do?? 9th Oct 17 at 7:15 PM
    I have received today a letter from FOS to advise me MBNA will now offer to pay me back 50% of the commission from my PPI after MBNA had rejected my claim. I don't know what that amounts to and FOS say it's a fair offer. Should I accept or reject?
    I have found I was being charged £75 a month PPI so don't know if anyone has an idea of what I can't expect
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    • 19,515 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • #2
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    • #2
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    Should I accept or reject?
    Originally posted by Trislander
    If you reject the offer, you'll get nothing at all...
    I have found I was being charged £75 a month PPI
    Originally posted by Trislander
    The PPI you paid each month is irrelevant if this is about Plevin commission
    • societys child
    • By societys child 9th Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 5,031 Thanks
    societys child
    • #3
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    • #3
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    Should I accept or reject?
    It's not negotiable . .

    • Trislander
    • By Trislander 9th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trislander
    • #4
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • #4
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    The letter from FOS says if I don't wish to accept to let them know by 19th October
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • 19,515 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • #5
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • #5
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    The letter from FOS says if I don't wish to accept to let them know by 19th October
    Originally posted by Trislander
    No one here has said you cannot refuse your refund.
    • Trislander
    • By Trislander 9th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trislander
    • #6
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • #6
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    And appeal via FOS
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 89,852 Posts
    • 55,454 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • #7
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • #7
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    Should I accept or reject?
    Strange question. Nothing or something. Something is better than nothing.

    The letter from FOS says if I don't wish to accept to let them know by 19th October
    Your complaint failed and the FOS adjudicator did not overrule the complaint. Your choices are
    1 - accept
    2 - reject and get the same outcome from an ombudsman (ombudsman only overrule in around 1 in 10 cases and they are nearly all on the more complicated issues. Not the easy stuff like PPI). If you reject that, you get nothing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

2,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

  • Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

  • Follow Martin