Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • EvenFlow
    • By EvenFlow 9th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    EvenFlow
    UK Car Park Management ticket
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    UK Car Park Management ticket 9th Oct 17 at 6:52 PM
    Hi there

This is my first post. Back in July I received a parking charge while shopping in a Tesco, which is surrounded by apartments, I parked where I have always parked. It just so happened that UKCP have moved in around the area and I didn't realise. Anyway. I'm type 1 Diabetic and was having a hypoglycemic episode (Low blood sugar) which I needed to fix straight away. The bays in front of the Tesco were all full. When I came back I had a Parking Charge on my window.

After 4 or 5 days days I went to appeal on their site and my details were not recognized by the system. But they WORKED on the payment page. So I just left it and forgot about it. I realised the day before I needed to appeal and had to quickly write a letter. Well I explained I was having a medical emergency and that their website is crap so I couldn't appeal online....needless to say they rejected the appeal and said I was late, and the fine is now £100. Can they just dismiss the fact that I was having a medical emergency that required me to get off the road as soon as possible?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,995 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    yes they can (its an unregulated industry , which is why they are all called parking cowboys) , unless they issue a court claim and then a judge will decide and you can put your case forward at that point

bear in mind they have signed up to a trade body with a CoP, so what does that CoP say about your issues ?

if you are covered by the Equality Act 2010 , then you may have a counter claim to put forward in any case
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 40,512 Posts
    • 80,904 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    Have you read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES?

Did you appeal as keeper or did you give away the diver's identity when you appealed?

You have appealed to an IPC member, it has been rejected as expected, so you are now in ignore mode for the next six years unless you get real court papers. This is explained in the NEWBIES thread.

Did you complain to the landowner? That and complaining to your MP are the only things left to do.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • EvenFlow
    • By EvenFlow 9th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EvenFlow
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    I stupidly gave my identity away and im getting post with words like demand and big red lettering, funny really, but yeah I look into who the land owner is and see if I can contact them.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    • 6,455 Posts
    • 8,260 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    Hi there

This is my first post. Back in July I received a parking charge while shopping in a Tesco, which is surrounded by apartments, I parked where I have always parked. It just so happened that UKCP have moved in around the area and I didn't realise. Anyway. I'm type 1 Diabetic and was having a hypoglycemic episode (Low blood sugar) which I needed to fix straight away. The bays in front of the Tesco were all full. When I came back I had a Parking Charge on my window.

After 4 or 5 days days I went to appeal on their site and my details were not recognized by the system. But they WORKED on the payment page. So I just left it and forgot about it. I realised the day before I needed to appeal and had to quickly write a letter. Well I explained I was having a medical emergency and that their website is crap so I couldn't appeal online....needless to say they rejected the appeal and said I was late, and the fine is now £100. Can they just dismiss the fact that I was having a medical emergency that required me to get off the road as soon as possible?

Thanks
    Originally posted by EvenFlow
    Please understand that UKPCM are not humans, they come from the planet "droid" and as such you cannot expect logic.

You need a doctors cert to confirm you suffer from this

There is little more you can do with UKCPM, as it's a waste
    of time dealing with the brain dead

Bearing in mind that only a court can decide, not plebbies,
    do expect stupid letters from spaced out debt collectors
    who HAVE NO POWER AND SPOUT RUBBISH.
    Could be followed by threats from a solicitor called Gladstones
    who are so incompetent, it makes our eyes water with laughter

Just sit it out and if you receive any of the Gladstones rubbish
    come back here

In the meantime, there is one person who may be interested
    in the bad conduct of UKCPM ...

She is Theresa May, you know the PM who makes promises
    she keeps breaking

She suffers from type 1 diabetes and knows all about
    having a hypoglycemic episode and what that entails

mayt@parliament.uk

Lay it on the line to May, she is only the PM and in todays
    world she is just a pawn in the scale of things

Chopping heads off went out with Henry V111
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,655Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter