Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missphilippa28
    • By missphilippa28 9th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    missphilippa28
    Fined in Morrison London Stratford
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    Fined in Morrison London Stratford 9th Oct 17 at 6:33 PM
    I drove down to London to meet a friend as I don't drive into London ever I said Id meet him at the Morrisons. I parked up, slept for briefly it was a loooooong drive. He must've found me knocked me on the window and we popped into Morrison then talked for clearly over an hour. I now have a £100 fine for being there for over 2 hours.
    Id sent a letter stupidly un-recorded and now it is £100. I am almost certain it states if the car is un-attended and it wasn't as we spent more time in the car than in Morrisons. So what can I do ? Is it right that if it is unatteneded?
    Or do I not have a leg to stand on.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,065 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    all explained in the NEWBIES sticky thread

which PPC was it ?

have they refused the appeal and if so did they give you a popla code ?

have you complained to Morrisons head office in writing/email and insisted on a cancellation yet ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • missphilippa28
    • By missphilippa28 9th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    missphilippa28
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    It was parking eye I never got a response other than when I called and they said they never got a letter b.s. it was for 2 hours 4 minutes.
    I've not gone to ask Morrison's would it morrisons head office or Stratford store?
    It's over 3 weeks ago now but haven't got around to chasing nonsense like this ....
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 4,776 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    I've not gone to ask Morrison's would it morrisons head office or Stratford store?
    Originally posted by missphilippa28
    Did you read this:
    have you complained to Morrisons head office in writing/email and insisted on a cancellation yet ?
    Originally posted by Redx
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 7,425 Posts
    • 6,475 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    I was in a Morrisons car park the other day. Parking Eyes T&C was in minute letters, interminable, and too high, impossible to read.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 9th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 8,948 Posts
    • 13,689 Thanks
    trisontana
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    I was in a Morrisons car park the other day. Parking Eyes T&C was in minute letters, interminable, and too high, impossible to read.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    That goes for all Parking Eye signs I have seen in innumerable car-parks. Don't get me started on their "parent and toddler" rule. What is the definition of a "toddler"?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,065 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    the NEWBIES thread and the SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS thread etc have emails for Morrissons head office (I did say HEAD OFFICE, not the Stratford store)

to appeal this pcn you go onto their website , appeal as KEEPER in their online menu system

use the BLUE TEXT template for the PE appeal (as long as its within their 28 day deadline)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • missphilippa28
    • By missphilippa28 9th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    missphilippa28
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    Thnakyou all very grateful does the grace period apply to parking eye also , I mean 4 minutes is pretty petty.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,065 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    the BPA CoP clause #13 GRACE PERIODS does explain them so please download it and read it
    Newbies !!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 7,425 Posts
    • 6,475 Thanks
    The Deep
    If all PE signs are so bad, why does the BPA not tip them off?.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

5,981Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin