Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jenny.ward7322
    • By jenny.ward7322 9th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jenny.ward7322
    Problems with Green Star Energy
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    Problems with Green Star Energy 9th Oct 17 at 4:48 PM
    I moved house in July and arranged to switch my electricity supply to Green Star Energy. I am now stuck as both energy companies are waiting for the other to send information and nothing is happening. This has been going on since 5th September.
    GB Energy (the previous supplier) are waiting on an 'agreed meter read' from Green Star. I have phoned Green Star every week to try and chase them up but keep getting fobbed off. I have sent a formal complaint but still nothing.
    Any ideas what I can do next???
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 9th Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    I moved house in July and arranged to switch my electricity supply to Green Star Energy. I am now stuck as both energy companies are waiting for the other to send information and nothing is happening. This has been going on since 5th September.
    GB Energy (the previous supplier) are waiting on an 'agreed meter read' from Green Star. I have phoned Green Star every week to try and chase them up but keep getting fobbed off. I have sent a formal complaint but still nothing.
    Any ideas what I can do next???
    Originally posted by jenny.ward7322
    Follow their compliant procedure

https://www.mygreenstarenergy.com/Help-and-Support/Complaints-Copy

Hopefully you provided the supplier with your opening read, and they will bill you from that (or whatever reading is otherwise agreed)

I must say 1 month from switch, that patience is a virtue. Traditionally suppliers only billed once every 3 months (and perhaps a bit longer if you just switched to them)

If you are paying monthly by DD, keep paying.
    Otherwise keep enough money available to pay the bill when it eventually comes.

The old supplier has at least 6 weeks from them ceasing supplying you to send you a final bill.
    Last edited by footyguy; 09-10-2017 at 5:22 PM.
    • Mikes Saving
    • By Mikes Saving 12th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mikes Saving
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    Green Star Energy Problems
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    I've been having problems with them. Switched in the summer and haven't been able to read the Gas Meter since. It would appear that between them Eon and Green Star have managed to confuse each other to the extent that the meter number set up to me isn't the one in my meter cupboard.
    I've had several phone calls with them recently. Whilst they're polite on the phone and I can get through, they're ineffectual. One member of staff told me that their central office dealing with switches is 'swamped' with work and the six weeks they're supposed to sort problems in may not be met.
    Today I've had emails telling me that I've switched to Eon again
    I can see tomorrow being a long day...

I know it's not the done thing to say it on this website, but switching truly is a pain the backside...
    The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
    Anon

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

936Posts Today

7,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Friday Twitter poll: Fruit wars. If, for some bizarre reason, u had to give up 3 of these for life (in every form), what'd you keep?

• I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Follow Martin