Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FUrake
    • By FUrake 9th Oct 17, 4:24 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FUrake
    switching brand new tsb account to halifax for the £125
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:24 PM
    switching brand new tsb account to halifax for the £125 9th Oct 17 at 4:24 PM
    hi there, on sat I opened a new TSB account in order to then switch it to halifax for the £125 switching incentive (I also opened a brand new halifax account at the same time), first of all theres no problem with switching a brand new account? then 2nd question, can I start the switch now or do I have to wait until the debit card comes for the TSB account? when I go into the switching bit in halifax it asks me if the account im switching has a debit card and when I select yes it asks me to enter the details which I dont have yet, what happens if I select no you think the switch would still go fine or should I wait until the debit card arrives and then begin the switch? hope you can understand that!
Page 1
    • Don80
    • By Don80 9th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Don80
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    Hi

You need the TSB Debit card - the Halifax switch form needs the card number. I would wait for the TSB debit card.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 9th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    I switched from a newly opened TSB Classic, with no debit card, to Halifax just a couple of months ago. I just selected no when it asked if I had a debit card, but tbh I wasn't sure if one was on the way or not. So I don't think it's actually required for a switch to happen, whether you have one or not.

On a related note. Does anybody know how many TSB Classic (not Classic Plus) accounts you can have on the go? Recently spun one up, for a First Direct switch, but many need another if Yorkshire Bank/B roll out the £250 offer nationwide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,227Posts Today

5,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin