Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davephill
    • By davephill 9th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    davephill
    PPI and Plevin
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    PPI and Plevin 9th Oct 17 at 3:24 PM
    HI - looking for some advice. I recently had a letter from Egg Credit card saying that as I was rejected for PPI that I might still entitled to something through Plevin, I signed the form and sent it back to them and they have come back and offered me around £400. I don’t know if my original claim went through the ombudsman after it was rejected, it was a few years ago that I tried to claim, so my question is would I be able to put in another claim with them for the PPI or is the amount that they have offered me for Plevin all I will get? Thanks all
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    • 89,852 Posts
    • 55,454 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    . I don’t know if my original claim went through the ombudsman after it was rejected,
    Doesnt matter if it did or it didnt. It is irrelevant now.

so my question is would I be able to put in another claim with them for the PPI
    No. You get one bite of the cherry.

or is the amount that they have offered me for Plevin all I will get?
    Your complaint was rejected. Game over. Plevin is a different issue not related to the missale allegation. So, this is all you are going to get.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 19,515 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    is the amount that they have offered me for Plevin all I will get?
    Originally posted by davephill
    Yes, it's all you will ever receive.

Plevin only applies to rejected complaints in the first place.

It is not an opportunity to re-state your original PPI complaint, I'm afraid.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 9th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 7,429 Posts
    • 4,870 Thanks
    -taff
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    You only get to complain once and have it follwed to it's logical conclusion. After that, you can't complaint again. Or for the more pedantic, you can complain again, to be told you can't complain again and it won't be entertained.

The only way you wouldn't know if it went hrough the ombudsman was if you didn't escalate it to the ombudsman Do you not remember doing this then?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 19,515 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    The only way you wouldn't know if it went hrough the ombudsman was if you didn't escalate it to the ombudsman Do you not remember doing this then?
    Originally posted by -taff
    Doesn't matter either way since it's long past six months of the original rejection...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

86Posts Today

2,054Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin