Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Royston19841984123
    • By Royston19841984123 9th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Royston19841984123
    0 WOW
    Hand foot and mouth claim
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Hand foot and mouth claim 9th Oct 17 at 2:00 PM
    Hi.

After some advice. My 14 month old got hand foot and mouth after 2 days of our holiday with a TUI package. Ruined our holiday as he was so ill. I've heard of companies that claim no win no fee type thing. Has anyone else done This?
Page 2
    • Kynthia
    • By Kynthia 10th Oct 17, 6:59 PM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 7,024 Thanks
    Kynthia
    Getting food poisoning from a hotel can be claimed for, if you can prove It, due to it being caused by negligence and poor practices by the restaurant. If they did things right there wouldn't be food poisoning. However it's hard to see what a hotel or travel company have done wrong if someone catches a contagious illness from other hotel guests. They can't be responsible for people arriving ill, coughing into the air, touching handrails just before someone else does, etc. Even if they know there are a number of cases in the hotel they don't know who else is contagious but not got symptoms yet or who else arriving might already be spreading the illness. Plus it often can't be proved that people caught an illness in the hotel and a high number of cases isn't proof as they coukd have all caught it on the same flight or be due to an epidemic back home.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 10th Oct 17, 8:06 PM
    • 18,825 Posts
    • 43,385 Thanks
    peachyprice
    A hotel can't isolate anyone with HF&M, it's not a notifiable disease, they could ask you to stay in your room but they couldn't force you to.

I do find it amusing that after contracting the disease OP would happily have moved hotel and infected a whole new crowd of people. How very thoughtful.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • societys child
    • By societys child 10th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 5,348 Thanks
    societys child

so they have admitted it was their fault and are coming back to me in means of compensation.
    Originally posted by Royston19841984123
    Hmm . . . yeah, ok.

• Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 11th Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 794 Posts
    • 1,231 Thanks
    Hermione Granger
    I never once said I will sue everyone and blame everyone, nor that people shouldn't get sick while on holiday.
    In which case, why were you asking about no win, no fee solicitors?

I've heard of companies that claim no win no fee type thing. Has anyone else done This?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,747Posts Today

7,816Users online

Martin's Twitter