Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 8Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    customer compliance office interview for housing benefit
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    customer compliance office interview for housing benefit 9th Oct 17 at 1:46 PM
    Hi all,

My husband has received a letter inviting him for an interview for a customer compliance office interview for housing benefit.

Can anyone shed any light on this as our circumstances haven’t changed and the letter is addressed to only him and not the both of us?

Don’t know why I worry about things like this? 😕
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 9th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 10,742 Posts
    • 12,624 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    Hi all,

My husband has received a letter inviting him for an interview for a customer compliance office interview for housing benefit.

Can anyone shed any light on this as our circumstances haven’t changed and the letter is addressed to only him and not the both of us?

Don’t know why I worry about things like this? ��
    Originally posted by heidiprincess13
    Looking at your previous posts you have had a lot of circumstances changing....

What is your current situation now as regards benefits/husband working etc

To be honest (and I know this isn't particularly helpful, sorry) it could be to do with anything relating to the claim.

As long as the letter doesn't say it is 'an interview under caution' then they will tell you what it is about and what you need to do. Have they asked you to bring any paperwork with you - bank statements etc?

Your OH needs to go to the interview and just be up front with the interviewer and answer any questions they have.

He's been called up because, presumably, the claim is in his name.
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:14 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:14 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:14 PM
    The housing benefit is in my name as well? The only thing is that he has been awarded pip.

The letter asks for his bank statements, wage slips etc which we have. But only his? I don’t work as I receive carers allowance for our disabled son
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    I meant that they have asked for his banks statements etc not mine and only invited him to interview and not the both of us?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,364 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    Does the letter say interview under caution at the top?
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 9th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 10,742 Posts
    • 12,624 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    Is he still working then?

Did he notify them of his PIP award?

Are either of you claiming ESA or Income Support?

Although the HB is in both your names only one of you would have made the claim so was that your husband?
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    No not under caution, just says interview
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    I did the claim for housing benefit a few years again and he is working part time when he can.

No to income support and esa.

He has to call our housing about pip as he got the letter Saturday and I know we have to let them know within 4 weeks??

Letter for interview was dated the 6th October
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    Ago not again
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Oct 17, 2:30 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,364 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I did the claim for housing benefit a few years again and he is working part time when he can.

No to income support and esa.

He has to call our housing about pip as he got the letter Saturday and I know we have to let them know within 4 weeks??

Letter for interview was dated the 6th October
    I'm assuming they know he's working and he's sending in wage slips?
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 9th Oct 17, 2:34 PM
    • 10,742 Posts
    • 12,624 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    I thought your OH had a company?

Has he closed the company and is working as an employee?

The local authority receives information from HMRC so it could be something to do with his work.

Only guessing.................
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:35 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    Yes, they have had wages slips and bank statements in the past. Whenever they have asked for anything we have supplied it
    • heidiprincess13
    • By heidiprincess13 9th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    heidiprincess13
    He does, and he draws his wage from there. We have in the past taken his bank statements, wage slips and the company bank statements and accounts.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,364 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Yes, they have had wages slips and bank statements in the past. Whenever they have asked for anything we have supplied it
    He should be sending in regular wage slips. How often does he send these in?

If you've done everything as you should and reported changes in circumstances when needed to, (such as more money being earned) Then you have nothing to worry about.
    • Housing Benefit Officer
    • By Housing Benefit Officer 9th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 2,386 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    Housing Benefit Officer
    Should be whenever you or your partner have a change in household or financial circumstances you should supply the info - not when asked.
    These are my own views and you should seek advice from your local Benefits Department or CAB.
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 9th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    paragon909
    Normally when benefits like PIP are awarded they notify the council by some system I forget the name of it am sure someone will know it. And they generally suspend it to clarify details.

Happened to me.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Oct 17, 6:56 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,364 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Normally when benefits like PIP are awarded they notify the council by some system I forget the name of it am sure someone will know it. And they generally suspend it to clarify details.

Happened to me.
    Originally posted by paragon909
    I'm not sure how true that is as i've never heard of that happening before. It never happened to me.
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 9th Oct 17, 6:59 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    paragon909
    I'm not sure how true that is as i've never heard of that happening before. It never happened to me.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    It happened to me, the system used I believe is called ATLAS which DWP communicates with local councils, My housing benefit got suspended due to my PIP award.
    • SingleSue
    • By SingleSue 10th Oct 17, 1:14 AM
    • 9,914 Posts
    • 55,491 Thanks
    SingleSue
    Whereas housing benefit informed me about my successful PIP claim before the DWP did!
    Keep battling on, I will get there eventually..even if I don't know where there is! Eldests' diagnosis (4.5.10) is Ehlers Danlos Hypermobility type and now it looks like I have it too (13.1.11) eekk!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

936Posts Today

7,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Friday Twitter poll: Fruit wars. If, for some bizarre reason, u had to give up 3 of these for life (in every form), what'd you keep?

• I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Follow Martin