Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Roystokes
    • By Roystokes 9th Oct 17, 1:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Roystokes
    0 WOW
    Orlando flights
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Orlando flights 9th Oct 17 at 1:33 PM
    We are being bombarded with cheaper deals for October 2018 but only if we book now. Does anybody know if flights get cheaper at particular times, or whether airlines have regular sales dates?? Thanks
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 9th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 834 Thanks
    Westin
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    Are you talking about October half-term dates?
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 10th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 4,866 Posts
    • 3,550 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    There is no real time to book to guarantee the cheapest flights. Sales can happen at any time so you never know when is a good time to book.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-flights
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Backbiter
    • By Backbiter 11th Oct 17, 12:41 AM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    Backbiter
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:41 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:41 AM
    The above is true. I always book as early as possible and I've been happy with the prices I've paid 10-11 months in advance. I have occasionally disregarded the old maxim of never checking prices after you've booked, and have always felt smug and vindicated after doing so as I've always seen increased prices. That doesn't of course mean there haven't been better prices available after I booked, as I've only had the occasional look, so my experience is no guarantee other people's will have been the same.
    The best strategy is to monitor fluctuations over a period of time, check several sites and play around with loads of different flight routes and dates.. Flying home on a Wednesday from SFO rather than a Tuesday in August this year saved my family about a grand. It also meant we were able to catch one of Tom Petty's last ever concerts. I believe traditional wisdom has it that Tuesday is often the cheapest day to fly, but that wasn't,t true for us.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 18,201 Posts
    • 7,492 Thanks
    richardw
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    If you can wait for a last minute charter flight then the bit in April after the easter holidays can be very cheap.

BUT you would pay significantly extra for seat reservation and checked baggage and other add ons, seats together may have sold out.

October has a hurricane risk, do you want to avoid this?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,219Posts Today

7,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin