Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tattywelshie
    • By tattywelshie 9th Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tattywelshie
    Hunter Wellies - Warranty issue
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    Hunter Wellies - Warranty issue 9th Oct 17 at 12:34 PM
    Hi folks!

I have a pair of hunter willies which have a fault with them, despite very limited use.

I took a look on the Hunter website and it states that all boots are subject to a 24 month warranty if bought from them or an authorised retailer.

I bought them from an authorised retailer in 2016. Upon asking the retailer if they are covered in warranty, they replied with the following:

The suppler have contacted me today regarding your warranty query and have advised that the new 24 month warranty only covers boots purchased after the date of 01/09/2017, and any item bought previously have only a 12 month warranty.

Unfortunately the boots purchased on the 11/01/2016 would not be covered under the 24 month warranty.

Can they do this? Or do they have to honour their current warranty guidelines?
Page 1
    • 85 East
    • By 85 East 9th Oct 17, 12:38 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    85 East
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:38 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:38 PM
    Yes they can, when you purchased them you agreed to the warranty in place at the time (12 months)
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 9th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 1,806 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    Yes they can do that. Manufacturer warranties can have any conditions they like.

Your only remedy would be via the Consumer Rights Act 2015 against the retailer. To get anywhere you would have to get an independent report that the fault is inherent.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 9th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 1,944 Posts
    • 3,082 Thanks
    k3lvc
    I have a pair of hunter willies which have a fault with them, despite very limited use.
    Originally posted by tattywelshie
    Lucky you

On a serious note re the whole post no you don't have a leg to stand on - your warranty/guarantee is based on that valid at the time of purchase, not some subsequent change you try to apply retrospectively
    Last edited by k3lvc; 09-10-2017 at 1:42 PM.
    • tattywelshie
    • By tattywelshie 9th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tattywelshie
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    Lucky you :rofl:

On a serious note re the whole post no you don't have a leg to stand on - your warranty/guarantee is based on that valid at the time of purchase, not some subsequent change you try to apply retrospectively
    Originally posted by k3lvc

Hahahaha, that's where I've gone wrong, bloody knock-offs!!!

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated I think i'll go and buy a pair of cheap willies this time around!
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 9th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 1,160 Thanks
    SuperHan
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    Have you tried getting in touch with Hunter directly? You may find they offer you a remedy anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter