Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • byronwells
    • By byronwells 9th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 65Posts
    • 2Thanks
    byronwells
    Should We Pay On The Credit Card?
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    Should We Pay On The Credit Card? 9th Oct 17 at 12:13 PM
    Alright guys

We have got a CCJ where we need to pay back nearly £3,500. They want the money in full or monthly.. Now is it worth it to put it on the credit card instead of trying to pay in back monthly?

If we paid it back monthly won't the CCJ go on or record and affect our credit rating? Whereas as if we paid it in full it would be clear? How much would the roughly accept as monthly payments anyways?
Page 1
    • LMG1305
    • By LMG1305 9th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    LMG1305
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    Yes I think if a CCJ is paid within the first 30 days you can then get it set aside, or something along those lines. Somebody with a lot more knowledge will confirm what is correct.

As for the monthly payments, it depends over what period you would be looking at. Could you pay it on a 0% credit card so at least there is no interest?
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 9th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 1,269 Posts
    • 1,285 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    If you pay it straight away that should avoid the ccj being put on your file. Then be really disciplined re paying off the card! Do a proper written budget and pay as much as you can monthly - set up a direct debit so you don't forget.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 12,174 Posts
    • 11,635 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    If a CCJ is paid in full within 30 days of judgement, it will automatically drop off your file as though it was never there.

Alternatively the monthly payments you can offer would depend on your budget, you would make your offer based on what you can afford, backed up by your budget plan.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,980Users online

Martin's Twitter