Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ashes2212
    • By Ashes2212 9th Oct 17, 11:58 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ashes2212
    Smart Parking (GLADSTONES LETTER)
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:58 AM
    Smart Parking (GLADSTONES LETTER) 9th Oct 17 at 11:58 AM
    Good Morning all,

I have been reading posts about smart parking and gladstones etc so here goes.

I have received a letter from gladstones last week but nothing from anyone else nothing from smart parking or the debt recovery people on the letter which I am finding odd.

Now In April I stopped in Fistral beach car park didn't stop long as it was a toilet break for the kids, this was the only car park I can think that would have smart parking as I live in south west wales.

Can you wonderful people advise on what I should do now the letter reference starts with a 3 it says to pay the debt recovery plus people, the signature at the bottom is Gladstone solicitors.

if I have to pay I will but don't want to pay the £160 they are asking for or to be going to court etc.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 6,464 Posts
    • 8,275 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    Good Morning all,

I have been reading posts about smart parking and gladstones etc so here goes.

I have received a letter from gladstones last week but nothing from anyone else nothing from smart parking or the debt recovery people on the letter which I am finding odd.

Now In April I stopped in Fistral beach car park didn't stop long as it was a toilet break for the kids, this was the only car park I can think that would have smart parking as I live in south west wales.

Can you wonderful people advise on what I should do now the letter reference starts with a 3 it says to pay the debt recovery plus people, the signature at the bottom is Gladstone solicitors.

if I have to pay I will but don't want to pay the £160 they are asking for or to be going to court etc.

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Ashes2212
    What actually does the Gladstones letter say ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Ashes2212
    • By Ashes2212 9th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ashes2212
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    It says who the client is: smart parking LTD
    has my vehicle reg
    the amount standing £160

goes on to say its our clients case that you are liable for these charges and to draw my attention to the options our client has in order to recover these

says our client now has the option to commence proceedings in the appropriate civil court

and they are providing you with this opportunity to contact their agent to make full payment in the sum of £160 avoiding the consideration of any future court action and any increase in the amount claimed

please now contact our clients agent dept revovery.......

if you do not pay within 14 days keep our client up to date with current address etc
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Oct 17, 12:51 PM
    • 7,413 Posts
    • 6,460 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:51 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:51 PM
    This may be useful later on

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/smart-parking-settle-out-of-court-for.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 33,495 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    This is a drp debt collectors letter not a proper lbcca
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    • 6,464 Posts
    • 8,275 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    Ashes2212

Just the normal junk/rubbish that has become part of Gladstones

If Gladstones are going to act for Smart, they have their
    work cut out and must comply 100% to the new procedure

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf

DRP ARE JUST A JOKE MUST BE IGNORED
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,942Posts Today

7,736Users online

Martin's Twitter