Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maheshsankla2003
    • By maheshsankla2003 9th Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    maheshsankla2003
    KIA Carens Warranty Issue
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    KIA Carens Warranty Issue 9th Oct 17 at 11:34 AM
    Hello,
    I have bought a KIA Carens & seater under 7 years warranty from approved KIA dealer on April29th 2017 and the car had a fault which I reported to KIA on 9th MAY 2017 and they booked me in for diagnostic and they said it was engine ECU fault and probably with update of software it will be fixed but it was not the case and then as the issue was not resolved I have to take it to another dealer local to me approved KIA to get it fixed in June first week and they gave me a courtesy car as they were unable to fix it.

It has over few months now and they are still unable to fix my car which is a 7 seater and even though I have a 5seater courtesy car but I am unable to get to a resolution when my car will be fixed as dealer said to me that he cannot give me any exact date as its something he is not sure. My concern is I bought car on finance and I am paying Insurance, Tax and Car Finance instalment charge when car is not with me, I need to understand my rights as I bought car with 7 years warranty just to be in peace of mind but I am in serious problem.
    Can some one please advise what I can do to get this issue sorted..

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • almillar
    • By almillar 9th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 7,064 Posts
    • 2,827 Thanks
    almillar
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    Just to get the ball rolling - what is the fault?
    • maheshsankla2003
    • By maheshsankla2003 9th Oct 17, 2:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maheshsankla2003
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:03 PM
    Issues I noticed on Dashboard
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:03 PM
    There are two warning lights that has come up when I was driving to work and they are MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) WARNING LIGHT and ESC (ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL) WARNING LIGHT. Car was driveable but I didn't want to take any risk as its new car and I invested money into it to get life sorted. I took car to dealer myself without any major issue.

I am not sure what caused this with weeks without any high usage from the date of delivery to me.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 10th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    • 7,064 Posts
    • 2,827 Thanks
    almillar
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    So the engine light and traction control light are on, and there's no loss of power or anything. It could be loads of different things, and the dealer will plug in a laptop and read fault codes to find out what was wrong. Have they done this, and indicated what is wrong with the car? Have they explained why it is taking months to fix? Apart from 5 seats versus 7, enjoy putting miles on their car instead of your own.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,843Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin