Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Berko_lad
    • By Berko_lad 9th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    UKPM - County Court Business Centre letter
    • #1
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    UKPM - County Court Business Centre letter 9th Oct 17 at 11:09 AM
    My wife has received a claim form from Gladstones via the CCBC in Northants claiming £247.59 for a supposed parking offence in September last year.

    This is the first we have heard of this matter which states that the car (which was not being driven by my wife) was illegally parked on land in Watford. Where it was actually parked was in a visitor bay at a block of apartments.

    Obviously I want to contest this and have acknowledged receipt online to buy myself a bit of time but how best to go about it? I have no evidence nor proof to support my case but assume that they have photographic evidence to support any supposed offence.

    Should I initially contact them and ask for proof? Or should I simply claim that whilst the keeper, the car was not being driven by my wife and we have no way of identifying who was actually responsible (and it wasn't me).
Page 2
    • Berko_lad
    • By Berko_lad 10th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Am on it. Will do and thanks.
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 13th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 559 Posts
    • 976 Thanks
    So with a bit of investigation it appears the landowner for the site you refer to above is "Proxima GR Properties Ltd".

    Further investigation reveals this is one of a number of limited companies with the same directors and registered office. Each company appears to hold real estate (mostly blocks of flats or commercial building) assets.

    All these companies also share the same registered address with another limited company called Estates & Management. As per "DanielSans" thread Estates and Management are the company who represent the landowner to the lessees (e.g. the person whom your friend rented their property from) collecting ground rent and so on.

    This is one avenue for you to pursue now - contacting the freeholder or the company that represents them and explaining you were a genuine visitor to a tenant in a flat (you will need the tenancy agreement and a letter from the tenant for proof) and without any further notice you have suddenly received a court claim for £247.59 for doing nothing wrong at all (and certainly nothing you were not allowed to do as a visitor of a tenant). You might like to ask them if they have even authorised a third party to take legal action on their behalf or even if they have a contract with the PPC (probably more likely via a Management Agent)? If you can get the landlord to help, even better.

    Let us know what you have found out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

430Posts Today

4,667Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WhiskyOneIce: @MartinSLewis Changed my fuel from Britush Gas to Sainsburies yesterday via MSE site and saved £230 odd PA...Thanks ????????

  • RT @rbp77: @MartinSLewis Interesting that Facebook facial recognition tech can't be put to use in recognising misuse of people's image in i?

  • And yesterday Facebook put a quote out saying all the SCAM adverts with me in had been dealt with. Balderdash!?

  • Follow Martin