Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LMS123
    • By LMS123 9th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 5Thanks
    LMS123
    Kent Reliance. Has anyone used them?
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    Kent Reliance. Has anyone used them? 9th Oct 17 at 10:38 AM
    I've just started to open a 1 yr fixed bond with Kent Reliance but am unsure whether or not to proceed given a few mixed reviews.
    Has anyone had any recent experience of them?
Page 1
    • CricketLady
    • By CricketLady 9th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CricketLady
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    I had a one year fixed rate bond just over a year ago, opened it online with no trouble and just left the money there until it matured then was able to withdraw money (and interest) with no trouble. Logging on to my account was also easy. I haven't heard anything bad about them personally, and if a good account came up with them again I would happily invest.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 9th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 5,609 Posts
    • 5,444 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    See last week's thread about them at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5722492
    • LMS123
    • By LMS123 9th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LMS123
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    Ok Thanks. I'll probably proceed with Kent. It's so difficult nowadays, everything is so volatile. Got stung by Monarch last week It's difficult to know who to trust as nothing is what it seems.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 9th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 5,609 Posts
    • 5,444 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    Got stung by Monarch last week
    Originally posted by LMS123
    Queen bee perhaps?

Moving on, any sort of issue with a building society should be nothing like as problematic as an airline failure - for one thing the FSCS protection is much more solid and effective than ATOL, etc, in that getting your money back from a compensation scheme for a failed savings account is much the same as what you'd have expected back anyway, so somewhat more helpful than a refund in lieu of useless flight tickets.

And in terms of customer service issues, etc, a one-year fixed bond presumably only entails opening and funding an account and then forgetting about it for a year, so it's not as if you'd need to be in regular contact with them....
    • LMS123
    • By LMS123 9th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LMS123
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    Yes, thanks. It's only for a year. What could possibly go wrong !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

6,600Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin