Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ev8
    • By ev8 9th Oct 17, 10:09 AM
    • 93Posts
    • 42Thanks
    ev8
    Help with universal credit please.
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:09 AM
    Help with universal credit please. 9th Oct 17 at 10:09 AM
    Does anyone know of any way of finding out when we will change over to universal credit? I'm really worried about changing over and I'm having a bit of a tough time with my health at the minute and it's something that I'm worried about.

Also, I was hoping to change my bank details as I was hoping to get a new and better account, however would this change trigger a change of circumstance and then a request for me to change over to UC? If so, I'll just leave it as it is.

Thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 1,752 Posts
    • 1,584 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    Does anyone know of any way of finding out when we will change over to universal credit? I'm really worried about changing over and I'm having a bit of a tough time with my health at the minute and it's something that I'm worried about.

Also, I was hoping to change my bank details as I was hoping to get a new and better account, however would this change trigger a change of circumstance and then a request for me to change over to UC? If so, I'll just leave it as it is.

Thanks for any help.
    Originally posted by ev8
    Unless a change of circumstances triggers a move then all existing ESA claimants will be moved accross between 2019 and 2022. Changing bank details will not affect anything.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 9th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    ev8
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    Unless a change of circumstances triggers a move then all existing ESA claimants will be moved accross between 2019 and 2022. Changing bank details will not affect anything.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Thank you for this.

So a change of my bank details wouldn't have an effect on them triggering a change?

Also, do you know the dates for Income support too? My mother is on carers allowance and is also a bit worried.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 9th Oct 17, 11:40 AM
    • 4,242 Posts
    • 4,407 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:40 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:40 AM
    Any dates for transfer can be nothing more than a guess. Universal Credits was originally to be rolled out nationally for all benefits by the end of 2016. As poppy has indicated, that has slipped by 6 years for ESA. Pressure is being applied from many directions for the current push on UC to be slowed or even halted until various concerns have been addressed.
    I understand your concern, but there is no point in worrying about something over which you have absolutely no control.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    • 1,752 Posts
    • 1,584 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    Thank you for this.

So a change of my bank details wouldn't have an effect on them triggering a change?

Also, do you know the dates for Income support too? My mother is on carers allowance and is also a bit worried.
    Originally posted by ev8
    As previously stated changing your bank details won't affect anything.

You need forget about UC because it's years down the line. Mostly likely the same for your mother too. Just forget about it and relax.
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 1,441 Thanks
    venison
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    As areas are moved into UC existing claimants of the 6 benefits won't change until sometime after 2019 unless they have a change in circumstances (a change of bank isn't such a change), it is thought that a move from one area to another MAY class as a change BUT the big advisors e.g entitled2/turn2 us are waiting for anecdotal evidence on this as the rules are as clear as mud.
    Also there is mounting pressure on the govt.to pause UC whilst major flaws are addressed, so far they have resisted such pressures but once parliament gets into full swing again a vote may be forced by labour or the snp.
    I am now a Board Guide on the Credit card board and the Loan board and Benefits board (But give me time to learn the ropes thanks).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,726Posts Today

7,218Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin