Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 9th Oct 17, 7:22 AM
    • 6,530Posts
    • 37,499Thanks
    determined new ms
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 9th October?
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:22 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 9th October? 9th Oct 17 at 7:22 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2 October
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £287.33 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2957.2/Roadkill £8.63
    SFDs Oct 8/15 CC saved £2372.50
Page 3
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 10th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 8,865 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    I would love to hear these also .. I normally use an airer but it seems to be taking longer now the weather has changed ... I was thinking of using an extra spin on the WM ?

Lisa x
    Originally posted by mumofthetwins

I put heavy things through on an extra spin and pop the airer up next to the dehumidifier. I know that foxgloves swears by her Lakeland heater airer.

HTH
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31

SAVINGS: £9433.44
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 10th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    • 6,530 Posts
    • 37,499 Thanks
    determined new ms
    I have a lakeland dryer and it is good. Got it initially when we lived in a flat so had nowhere to dry washing. A lot of stuff will dry over night if you put a sheet over the whole thing. It also heats up the kitchen enough for me to have a coffee in the morning, before the cold really hits that is!

We paid £80 for it and have had it for 6 years now - what works out at 4p a day and of course that's an ever lowering figure
    DF as at 30/12/16
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 10th Oct 17, 5:13 PM
    • 506 Posts
    • 5,051 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Afternoon all,

Arc, hope that you are feeling better soon and that the news isn't as bad as you fear.

Todays list for today (although very late I know!)
    * Ys bread for kids toast
    * Gym session done and refilled water bottle
    * Dad was doing another tip run so sent him with the bag of clothes for the fabric bin Saved me a trip
    * Made families lunches for tomorrow )
    * Leftovers for us all for tea
    * Check banking/update spreadsheet
    * Clean down kitchen using stardrops
    * Ironed only what "needed" doing and hung everything else straight away
    * Plan tomorrows meals

that's about it I think as we're still busy clearing up rental property.
    Off for a quick coffee and then finish the list!
    Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 10-10-2017 at 6:06 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 10th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 3,665 Posts
    • 17,945 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hello Tuesday People,
    A day of two halves today. Awoke at 4.30 am & a stressy thought just came into my head which I couldn't get rid of. Felt anxious & low most of the morning, then as I sat & ate my lunch, I felt my mood lift. Felt much better since then. Anyway, a few money saving quick wins today:
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water to save on gas bill.
    *Had my hair cut. Dry cut. Oh my days, is this a money saver compared to what I used to pay for wash, cut, style, etc. £8. Even mr f pays £10 at his barber's & I've got way more hair than him! Anyway, my long hair is now back to a sharp graduated bob & I feel less like a hippyfied yak.
    *Picked up a couple of Christmas cake ingredients. Spreads the cost & grocery budget holding up well so far this month.
    *Bought 2 items to make up a Christmas gift - a mini-bottle of cava, a bag of posh popcorn & a DVD of a hard-to-find series I know this person really wants to watch (DVD set was 2nd hand in CEX. Perfect condition & £6, so a nice affordable gift, all-in).
    *Bought a posh (small) packet of biscuits to put with a jar of my home-made jam & chutney for a relative's birthday. Lovely card from local indie card shop - 40p.
    *Free coffee at Waitrose.
    *Paid a cheque into bank - due to a bit of a saga with my Mum's visa card, I got her shopping on my CC last week & she wrote me a cheque to cover it. The bonus is that I get the loyalty points for vouchers without anything actually spending any of my own money,
    *Parked on outskirts of town for free & walked in for hairdressers & everything else. This saves £2.60 each time, so is worth doing.
    *Leftovers for dinner - the rest of the lovely lamb bake mr f cooked on Sunday.
    *Had an afternoon sorting out the front garden (such as it is.....poorly laid block paving courtesy of previous owners & virtually nowhere to grow anything.....though probably just as well as back garden is large). Managed to make one tray of violas, one of pansies & a big cheap bag of daffodil bulbs go quite a long way. Also re-planted some of this year's mini-narcissus which were already sprouting & looked in good condition & some snowdrop bulbs from one of my back garden beds where they are very congested. Enough to do 2 big tubs by the front door, a couple of smaller ones, plenty of daffs left over for the front border & I also brought a nice evergreen shrub through from the back garden & repotted it into a nice big blue ceramic tub out the front & it has given the front of the house a bit of a freshen up for very little cost. Cut the triffid buddleja down too which I always do now & again in Feb, as it lets lots more light into the lounge & it still flowers brilliantly every summer.
    *Knittiing for sales basket.
    * Read library book.
    *Did final laundry of the week overnight on timer for cheap tariff. All of it has dried outside on the line for free.
    And that, my frugal friends, is today's effort. 'See' you tomorrow. Lots of stressful stuff going on here with housing, redundancies etc. Fingers crossed everything works out ok.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £274
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 10th Oct 17, 6:29 PM
    • 3,665 Posts
    • 17,945 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Ooooh, yes, CLF is quite right. I DO very much rate my Lakeland heated airer. I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. Before that, during winter, I used to dry my washing in a back bedroom on an ordinary airer in front of the radiator. Mostly it worked ok, but sometimes thicker clothes like jeans or jumpers would start smelliing a bit frowsty & need re-washing. Also, when we moved some furniture in that room, we found black mould spots behind it, from the condensation caused by drying washing.
    So we decided to try a heated airer from Lakeland. Mine is the taller one with 3 tiers. It cost about £90, I think, but I had a £5 off voucher off the back of one of their adverts which cut the cost a little. I don't regret spending the money. It's very good. As DNMS says, if you load it up with your washing, then put a sheet or something large right over the top to try, it seems to dry the rest of it quicker too. I set mine up in our conservatory & run it overnight because we have Economy 7 electricity. A knock-on effect has been that on very cold winter nights, the heated airer just helps a little in keeping the temperatures above freezing. The style of airer I have folds flat & so I can just store it against the wall in the downstairs loo. Obviously if it's a blowy day, I peg my washing out, but for those days where you can't, I wouldn't be without it.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 10th Oct 17, 7:56 PM
    • 6,530 Posts
    • 37,499 Thanks
    determined new ms
    this is what I have:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21736/Dry:Soon-Standard-3-Tier-Heated-Tower-Airer?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2-nVxd3m1gIVyTLTCh20SgSbEAQYAiABEgKgZvD_BwE&src=gfee d&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!225716379807!!!!40411170769!&ef_ id=WYA66QAAAFqtbRft:20171010185521:s

gone up in price since I got it. I know it's 6 years but that's pretty steep inflation! Having said that if it broke I would definitely buy it again
    DF as at 30/12/16
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 10th Oct 17, 8:08 PM
    • 4,866 Posts
    • 19,092 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Fingers crossed for you, Arc

Dawn, I'm glad I didn't try my hand at spinach , re bugs though, we have some of the most humongous spiders this year and I've also seen a toad and a newt despite having an enclosed garden and no pond!

I did a bit of a tidy up of the back garden today (front garden yesterday.) I've cut back Auby enough to put the water cooler cloche on and have moved him indoors to a corner by the French doors.

More cards were delivered today so I've been busy embellishing. I will photograph and load tomorrow and hope I don't screw it up this time.

DS and I cleaned his room yesterday and I had a rummage around in his money belt from Reading festival and relieved him of two old pound coins. I just went down to buy potatoes with them and they'd just finished reductions so I got Charlotte potatoes, 2 packs of raspberries, 1 pack of pineapple, 2 finest Butterscotch desserts and a pack of 2 lemon blackened (?) chicken breasts for less than £3
    Last edited by FatVonD; 10-10-2017 at 8:11 PM.
    Make £10 a day in October £198.54/£310 (September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
    • mumofthetwins
    • By mumofthetwins 10th Oct 17, 10:19 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 3,802 Thanks
    mumofthetwins
    I have a lakeland dryer and it is good. Got it initially when we lived in a flat so had nowhere to dry washing. A lot of stuff will dry over night if you put a sheet over the whole thing. It also heats up the kitchen enough for me to have a coffee in the morning, before the cold really hits that is!

We paid £80 for it and have had it for 6 years now - what works out at 4p a day and of course that's an ever lowering figure
    Originally posted by determined new ms
    I really fancy one of these but I keep waiting for my mam to find one at the bootsale ... she bought me a ramoska and spare magi mix last year .. as well as loads of other stuff, including a load of pampered chef bake ware which is amazing .. I love a good booty lol

Lisa x
    This time I'm sticking with it !!
    Oct /£300 3NSD
    PAD
    June £3362.78 July £1803.88 Aug £1895 Oct £483.77
    • Frugal Saver
    • By Frugal Saver 11th Oct 17, 5:34 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    Frugal Saver
    Doing very well this week, on Sunday I finally got round to raising a dispute regarding the balance of my deposit on the house I moved out of in July. I already have the balance in my account this morning. I knew the letting agent didn't stand a chance as they didn't provide a checkout report or breakdown of the deductions but I never expected them to concede so quickly when they just ignored and dismissed my emails and calls. Also worrying to think how many other people they have done this to who didn't realise how the process works. Hoping to get a flat through a housing association where we are now which I'm hoping will be a lot better than private rent,

Awake early as LO woke up crying about 4:30, she's gone back to sleep but I'm left wide awake. Made the most of it by reaching my goal on Swagbucks.

Hoping today might be my first NSD of the month. I've had lots of LSD where I've spent less than £5 so it doesn't concern me that I've not had a NSD yet.
    LBM September 2012
    Debt at LBM £10,573.00
    Savings at LBM £0
    Current debt £5,800 at 0%
    Current savings £3,800
    • BearPearSun
    • By BearPearSun 11th Oct 17, 6:40 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    BearPearSun
    Thanks for the drying tips, I'll start putting some money aside to save for a heated airer. By the time I for home yesterday Mr Bear had already done a wash and the heating on to dry it, I think we'll just have to until we can get the new airer, nothing dries in this house!

Today:
    》Ebay listings (I didn't do them yesterday whoops!)
    》Leftovers for lunch, dinner from plan (loaded nachos with quinoa)
    》Consider dropping my Wednesday night hobby....
    》Phone bank for a new bank card (I broke mine in anger at the state for the current account!)
    》start making money envelopes for the next month
    》have the tv off during the evening (husband is working late so it souls be easy!)
    》get on top of my flylady chores seeing as there is no tv to sit and watch!
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 11th Oct 17, 8:15 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 12,628 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all

Now I have space I too might get a heated airer, Just so itís not hanging around so much. Hmm, plan for fleabay money maybe

Iíve had some money back today from a savings plan through work. Iíve split between savings and debt repayment. I have/will:

Checked banks, updated survey
    Snacks of fruit to work, they are providing lunch (and dinner... if I get that far) at an event we are going to
    Something out of freezer for DH and smalls tea
    Quick tidy round
    Quick shower, leave hair to dry naturally
    Cheapie porridge all round for breakfast
    DW on before I leave for work

Think thatís about all.
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 11th Oct 17, 8:36 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 2,621 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Did write a post but it has vanished.....aaaargh!
    Feeling much better today. Went to a meeting last night, felt better for just feeling productive even if I didn't look like it

Up early as winds really bad here but it's really warm outside. Found I had left the cat food in the car last night, battled thru a bunch of crazy cats all wanting their breakfast this morning, 6am I'm in the car to fish the cat food out

Cat cleaning all done.
    Going to pop out to get some chores done this morning that I have badly neglected while being out of action.
    Need to go to the sorting office I'm sure it's for RM survey items that i have to post, Why the postman just didn't knock
    Really need to get a parcel sent, will do this tomorrow and use RM survey stamps to pay for postage
    Still eating food from out of the stores.
    Amaz@n pay out went into bank account this morning, but need to check Amaz@n as I'm sure another one will be due.
    Great bargains FVD, I do love a good bargain
    Can't think of anything else for now.
    Have a great day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings so far thru shopping frugally = 228.72 284.31 306.81 481.15:money.
    April grocery challenge £171.21/ £200 May GC £248.47/£190 June GC £87.69/ £190
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 11th Oct 17, 8:59 AM
    • 4,542 Posts
    • 34,794 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    Frugal Saver, well done on persevering and getting your housing deposit back Everyone should challenge agents / landlords if they try to keep their money without justification! I used to rent out the house where we live now, and looked into the rules etc around being a landlord very carefully. To be honest, unless tenants really take the pee, the deposit schemes that landlords must use generally side with the tenants, and good thing too, from some of the stories I have heard

Today will mostly be about staying in and waiting for a meat / fish delivery from Campbells, and playing freezer tetris once it arrives Done, they actually delivered it at about 9am All successfully stashed in freezer now

Other than that:
    Quick shower, washed hair and allowed to dry naturally Done
    Go through fridge and see what needs using or freezing Partly done - will finish shortly!
    Pack some ebay items that have sold Done, got another to do now though!
    List a few more things Listed 2 more items
    Hoover the stairs and landing that I didn't get to yesterday Done
    HM meals from stores Done, toast with pate and a side salad for lunch, HM fishcakes using tinned tuna and leftover mash for dinner. Tarted them up with some frozen parsley and some chopped capers. Cooked on the griddle on my old range cooker with no fat
    Dog walks Done
    Check banks Done
    Check for surveys A couple for onepoll, will check again later
    Had to pop into Sainsburys to buy yet more things we have run out of

Hope you all have a good day
    Last edited by DawnW; 11-10-2017 at 6:55 PM.
    Grocery / household spends for October £217.22 / £160
    NSDs for October 4/15
    Grocery / household spends for September £200.15 / £160.00
    SFDs for September 8/18
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 11th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 8,865 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Morning all!

LAST DAY IN WORK BEFORE MY HOLS!

Went slightly off plan last night. Had one (175ml) glass of wine, which was sipped and enjoyed. Makes a big change from glugging down 2x250ml quicker than OH finishes his bottle of beer

Also decided that we wanted tea out. But picked what we were going to have before we went, made a sensible choice, and very much enjoyed it. Back to the meal plan today with no regrets.

Today's plan:
    • Meals from plan
    • Plan meals up until our holiday as much from stores as possible (only 3 days so should be fine)
    • Plan a small packed breakfast to take to the airport on Sunday - healthier and much cheaper than fried brekkie! Flight is at 8.05am so will need to keep us going til lunch.
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunch time - done
    • Put sheets back on spare bed
    • Crochet and relax
    Have a good one all

clf x
    Last edited by carrielovesfanta; 11-10-2017 at 1:44 PM.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31

SAVINGS: £9433.44
    • uphillstruggler
    • By uphillstruggler 11th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    uphillstruggler
    Morning all.

Pleased to manage a NSD yesterday in spite of popping into town to run some errands.

Today won't be a NSD as I will need to take the bus (50 minutes, so not a bad deal at £4.90, to be honest).

Today I will/gave:
    *check accounts done
    *unsubscribe to credit report service (I did try MSE club but for some reason it wouldn't accept me, so must try again and persevere!) done
    *claim ticket back from a recent bus journey where bus broke down and left me stranded done
    *clean bathroom drawers and makeup holder. Plenty of forgotten things lurking in there, I'm sure. Going to give myself a mini makeover when I've cleaned them. I'm not a big makeup person in any sense and I tend not to buy beauty items on a regular basis, but hopefully this will prevent any impulse purchases in the near future!
    *walk to town centre and back for free hot drink. Good exercise. done.
    *work, work, work! This went well yesterday; I have a main job but am working on developing a source of passive income and this has started to come together yesterday. done.
    *meals from stores as far as possible healthy smoothie made this morning; lunch from stores; dinner uncertain at the moment

I hope you all have a super day.
    All the best,
    US
    Last edited by uphillstruggler; 12-10-2017 at 8:15 PM.
    Emergencies account: £200/500 CC (17/07/17): £564.20
    Groceries Oct 2017: EUR74.50/150 NSD Oct 2017: 9/10
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 11th Oct 17, 11:38 AM
    • 506 Posts
    • 5,051 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Morning all,

Going back to basics with my list today
    Switch off microwave socket - as I don't need to see the time on there
    ys bread for kids toast - ds2 going back to breakfast club at school from tomorrow for a free breakfast (and I drive past the school to get to the gym so its not worth keeping him going on the bus in a morning )
    Gym session done and refilled water bottle twice - I definitely get value for money from the gym - £16/month and I go 5 days a week so less then 80p a visit for full use of the gym/classes/training programs/weigh in & measurements when you want
    Home for brunch, single sausage omelette again with spinach, tomatoes and avocado, no need for a lunch for me now
    Share bath water later and continue use up of lotions and potions
    Make families lunches for tomorrow (sandwiches are made up ready in the freezer so this won't take long!)
    Renew ds's library books online - love our library, we have saved a fortune since joining when the kids were toddlers
    No heating going on here, we have fleeces/jumpers and blankets if needed - I try not to put the heating on until the beginning of November if possible
    Tidy fridge, make sure nothing is going off and plan tomorrows meals accordingly
    Make fish pie for tonights meal for us all.
    Check fruit bowl, make a fruit salad if things are on the turn
    Clean down the kitchen using stardrops, this alone saves me at least £1 a week from the old sprays I used to buy
    Tidy the under sink cupboard as my dad has put stuff in that the old tenant had left behind, need to see what there is and plan to use it!
    Hoover just my bedroom, everywhere else was done yesterday
    Check banking/update spreadsheet
    Dig out interest statement for tax returns
    Taken off gym trainers and wearing cheap trainers for doing my stuff around the house - will prolong the life of my more expensive trainers - really is the little things!!
    Rm surveys

That's a start from me, will add more as I go hopefully. I feel the need to keep myself busy to stop me thinking for a while!

** After living in Wales for 12yrs I thought it was about time I made some Welsh cakes, omg why oh why I have I not tried making them before, it was soooo easy!

Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 11-10-2017 at 6:11 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • arc2014
    • By arc2014 11th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 96 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    arc2014
    Doing very well this week, on Sunday I finally got round to raising a dispute regarding the balance of my deposit on the house I moved out of in July. I already have the balance in my account this morning. I knew the letting agent didn't stand a chance as they didn't provide a checkout report or breakdown of the deductions but I never expected them to concede so quickly when they just ignored and dismissed my emails and calls. Also worrying to think how many other people they have done this to who didn't realise how the process works. Hoping to get a flat through a housing association where we are now which I'm hoping will be a lot better than private rent.
    Originally posted by Frugal Saver
    Urgh this annoys me so much!! Our last house they tried to take the full £550 deposit from us for a "dirty oven, toilet & general clean" I knew the house was spotless - the back & forth emails lasted for a good 6 weeks before they referred it for dispute. I just told them to prove it & they couldn't. Got the full amount back in the end! Fully expecting the same battle this time. Hubby said to me only last night "I'm not worried about getting the deposit back on this place because I know what you're like!" Think I've got myself a reputation!
    Logbook Loan 4.95/1000 ∑ DC1 45/1420.32 ∑ DC2 20/321.13 ∑ DC3 11.75/11.75 ∑ DC4 40/635 ∑ Personal Loan 213.37/4800 ∑ Overdraft 0/1200

Lightbulb Moment September 2017 - DFD Christmas 2018!

October NSDs 10/15£10 a day challenge £169.75/£500
    • uphillstruggler
    • By uphillstruggler 11th Oct 17, 12:00 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    uphillstruggler
    Annoys me too and pleased you had a good outcome, Frugal Saver and arc2014

Why is it that when I move into a place it is filthy, yet when I move out and it is absolutely spotless - and several grades better than when I moved in - there's some kind of deposit issue...? The mind boggles...
    Emergencies account: £200/500 CC (17/07/17): £564.20
    Groceries Oct 2017: EUR74.50/150 NSD Oct 2017: 9/10
    • arc2014
    • By arc2014 11th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    arc2014
    So today's check list:

- Sort baby clothes into age piles for selling.
    - List some bits on FB & eBay.
    - LO soup for dinner.
    - House viewing at 2!
    - Jacket potatoes for tea with fillings from the fridge!

That will do for today!
    Logbook Loan 4.95/1000 ∑ DC1 45/1420.32 ∑ DC2 20/321.13 ∑ DC3 11.75/11.75 ∑ DC4 40/635 ∑ Personal Loan 213.37/4800 ∑ Overdraft 0/1200

Lightbulb Moment September 2017 - DFD Christmas 2018!

October NSDs 10/15£10 a day challenge £169.75/£500
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 11th Oct 17, 6:14 PM
    • 3,665 Posts
    • 17,945 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Yes, DNMS, that's the same heated airer that I've got. I like that you can arrange the 'shelves' how you like them. I agree that the price has risen a lot. I thought they were expensive at the time, but I soon had hard proof that buying mine did save us money. At the time I bought it, I used to read the gas & electricity meters every Sunday night & kept a spreadsheet so I could see if any little savings worked & to just keep a track of any surges in use, etc. When we were drying clothes on a normal airer in front of the spare bedroom radiator, we'd have that heater turned up to at least 4, but regularly a 5 or a 6 in order to get clothes properly dry. When we got the heated airer, the radiator was turned back down to a 3 (unless very cold) or even, on mild nights, a 2. A year later, when I was comparing that year's electricity use with the previous winter, I could tell exactly when the heated airer arrived because our electricity consumption noticeably dropped with turning that radiator to a much lower setting. So, it is an outlay but for us, it's been well worth having.
    f x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,196Posts Today

6,913Users online

Martin's Twitter