Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SKarTaZ
    • By SKarTaZ 8th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SKarTaZ
    Parking Eye - 4 to 5 Months Late
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    Parking Eye - 4 to 5 Months Late 8th Oct 17 at 11:09 PM
    Hi guys,

I just had 4 Parking Eye tickets come through all at the same time for parking dates back in May and June this year (all same car park). Are they late enough on this for me to appeal etc?

Cheers in advance
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Oct 17, 11:16 PM
    • 16,063 Posts
    • 20,100 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:16 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:16 PM
    same answer as in this similar thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5724555

they must be trawling old tickets
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • SKarTaZ
    • By SKarTaZ 17th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SKarTaZ
    • 17th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 17th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    UPDATED - 8 tickets now received over 4 months late. I'm assuming appeal with the Blue text in Newbies thread?
    • SKarTaZ
    • By SKarTaZ 17th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SKarTaZ
    • 17th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 17th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    And appeal each one individually?
    Last edited by SKarTaZ; 17-10-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 23,432 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    • 17th Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    And appeal each one individually?
    Originally posted by SKarTaZ
    Definitely treat each one individually - a bit inconvenient, but essential that you do it this way.

Use exactly the same appeal from the sticky, no need to alter in any way, other than to make sure the individual PCN number is entered on each respective appeal.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • SKarTaZ
    • By SKarTaZ 17th Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SKarTaZ
    • 17th Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    • 17th Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    Thanks Umkommas. I'm just not entirely clear which template to use, since the tickets are for dates from over 4 months ago?

Should I go with #1:
    Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE KEEPER GOES HERE. THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED.

NO NEED TO USE YOUR REAL SIGNATURE - BUT DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP A SCREEN PRINT. USE ANY EMAIL APPEAL OPTION IF FIRMS OFFER IT.

Or should I go with #2:

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers. Furthermore, as the PCN did not arrive within the stipulate period of 14 days, as specified within the POFA 2012, you have failed to meet the strict deadlines to transfer liability to the keeper.

Therefore, there will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 17th Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 3,950 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 17th Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 17th Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    UPDATED - 8 tickets now received over 4 months late. I'm assuming appeal with the Blue text in Newbies thread?
    Originally posted by SKarTaZ
    No need to assume that.

That is exactly what you were advised to do in post #2.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 16,063 Posts
    • 20,100 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 17th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    use 2 , because they failed the POFA2012 timescales but change

Should you obtain

to

Should you have obtained

appeal each one separately
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

2,674Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin