Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fifilafluff
    • By fifilafluff 8th Oct 17, 10:23 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    fifilafluff
    Wills - solicitors taking 12 months - please help
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:23 PM
    Wills - solicitors taking 12 months - please help 8th Oct 17 at 10:23 PM
    Hello,

I hope I am posting this in the correct place. Apologies if not (feel free to point to the right place).

Last year, in November when the the last Will Aid offer came up, my husband and I used the offer and paid the £150 to go to a solicitor to get a joint Will drawn up (we had recently had our first child).

We met with the solicitor for an hour and about a month later were emailed a draft of the Wills. We had a few small amendments that I swiftly emailed back. Since then, we have had absolutely no contact from the solicitor or the associate who is drawing up the Wills. I emailed regularly then turned to phoning, followed by more emails, but no one has ever gotten back to me and I have never gotten past the secretary when I have phoned. She has always said she will pass my messages on but no one ever phones me back. It's frustrating as I made 4 small track changes that would take 5 minutes to accept and get this finished. It's been almost a year since the initial meeting and and it's really bothering me that it's not sorted. I am now due to have our second child in a month and really want our Wills properly in place.

Can anyone advise what to do? I have a draft of the Wills that they emailed me (before I made the few small changes). Could I just use this to do a DIY will? Should I keep on the them, or would I be fighting a losing battle? I don't think the solicitors firm will ever get back to me. I got the impression we were small-fry when we went for our meeting with them.

Thank you very much for your help.
    fifila fluff

Page 2
    • fifilafluff
    • By fifilafluff 12th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fifilafluff
    Thank you Margot123, but what is done it done. It's probably not helpful to think about 'what we should have done'. Rather, I'd prefer to spend my time and effort trying to get things sorted in the here and now.

TBagpuss, that is helpful, thank you. I will definitely draw up a time line and do a letter. Interestingly the person has not left, she actually emailed me today, following the contact she had from Will Aid, and we have a telephone appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will all be sorted soon.

Thank you for all the replies. I do really appreciate it.
    fifila fluff

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin