Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • haguean
    • By haguean 8th Oct 17, 10:00 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    haguean
    Postal PCN received 127 days after parking
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:00 PM
    Postal PCN received 127 days after parking 8th Oct 17 at 10:00 PM
    Hi,
    I was contacted by Parking Eye, as I am the registered keeper of a car that overstayed in a car park on 31 May. The letter is dated 5 October. Is this outwith a reasonable time period for me to have been informed about the charge?
    My only previous experience of this was with another parking company and I successful appealed that after emailing them soon after.

Regards,

haguean
    Last edited by haguean; 09-10-2017 at 9:54 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,992 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    they had 14 days to get the NTK to the keeper, so they failed POFA2012 and you have a golden ticket (search the forum for explanations)

use the blue text appeal as keeper, adding a paragraph that they have failed POFA2012 by over 3 months !!!

check the NTK for the lack of the POFA2012 AFTER 29 DAYS paragraph, just to be sure, but appeal anyway , as keeper

DO NOT REVEAL WHO WAS DRIVING , TO ANYBODY

the above assumes you are in england or wales
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • haguean
    • By haguean 8th Oct 17, 10:54 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    haguean
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:54 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:54 PM
    I am. Thank you.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 3,066 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    Can I respectfully suggest that you edit your original post.
    You appear to have identified the driver.

Perhaps your first sentence should start something like:
    As the registered keeper of a car with more than one possible driver...
    • haguean
    • By haguean 27th Oct 17, 10:37 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    haguean
    • 27th Oct 17, 10:37 AM
    • 27th Oct 17, 10:37 AM
    Parking Eye have rejected my appeal. My appeal was based on the template letter with the additional comments about the delay in contacting the registered keeper.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 27th Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    • 7,701 Posts
    • 7,973 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 27th Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    • 27th Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    why did you add additional comments , you were told to send the templet as is , arguaments are not to be discused with parkingg eye , a simple non POFa statement at POPLa will kill it dead ,
    • haguean
    • By haguean 27th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    haguean
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    I followed the advice of REDX. Parking Eye did not include a POPLA number in their emailed reply to me.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 27th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 7,701 Posts
    • 7,973 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    look very carefully for the POPLa code number , often well hidden

Question 1: in the origional letter , do they state that they are using POFa , and will hold you responnsable if you do not name driver?

secondly , if you are sure no POPLa code , then a complaint to BPA next
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 27th Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    • 15,873 Posts
    • 24,609 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    I followed the advice of REDX. Parking Eye did not include a POPLA number in their emailed reply to me.
    Originally posted by haguean
    Not doubting your word, but I find it a bit strange that PE didnít include your 10-digit POPLA verification code. Notwithstanding their obvious c*ck up with late issue of NtKs (theyíve had a large swathe over the past few weeks), their paperwork is ordinarily pretty efficient.

Was their reply an actual rejection of your initial appeal, or was it a bit of a phishing chance, asking you to deliver the driverís details to them?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • haguean
    • By haguean 27th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    haguean
    I think I have misunderstood the PE responses.
    They have now emailed a second letter to me today. They have mentioned "stopped processing your data", on response to my indication that I was not the driver. They have also asked me to provide the driver's name, saying that my appeal will be rejected otherwise.
    I jumped to a conclusion that my appeal had been rejected due to misunderstanding some of the wording.
    My apologies.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 27th Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 15,873 Posts
    • 24,609 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    So how are you going to deal with that response?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

229Posts Today

1,267Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin