Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 2,373Posts
    • 34,191Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017 8th Oct 17 at 9:09 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Ok here goes this Week...

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One..
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extras:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extras..
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...
    Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three...
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extras…
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    • 30 minutes ironing

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...
    Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!

Extras…
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • 30 minutes ironing.

Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    Extras…
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Get those uniforms, games kits, coats and things in the wash which you will need on Monday

FRIDAY EXTRA - Don't forget your ME time this weekend, even if it's just a nice relaxing bath!!! Go on you deserve it
    Last edited by Natty68; 13-10-2017 at 6:46 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 4
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 11th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 2,044 Posts
    • 18,517 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Afternoon all

I'm still gutting the house in an attempt to make it habitable enough to move back into at the end of the month. I've done eight hours of cleaning, sorting and flinging of detritus and old toys/clothes and clutter and only one room looks any better for it

The dust is horrendous and the cobwebs magnificent (might save them until after Hallowe'en).

Need to chat with DH tonight to make a few decisions on items then tomorrow will be another flingy day!

I need to buy a folding step ladder, storage for on the top of a wardrobe, new duvets, pillows and bedding for the boys' bunk beds and wash the minging curtains, but it is at least looking a little more cared for.

I'm jolly cream-crackered now though. My finger is hurting where I tried to chop it off with the axe on Monday and the disinfectant is stinging, so I've stopped for a cuppa and a snooze before the school run.

Still catching up on the news, but hugs for Valli x
    Womble No: 12 £3400.99 as at 5/4/2017
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 11th Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    • 6,821 Posts
    • 87,027 Thanks
    bossymoo
    I have jammed. It eventually turned into caramel apple jellysauce. Smells deelish and tastes yum. Have one big and 3 small jars. Still got half a bag of apples left. Need more recipes (and jars).

Have been clearing DR. Box of toy cars going to a friend tomorrow and a curtain pole being collected later. Two other bags ready for chazzer. I’m determined to clear it. I’ve been reading about sunk costs to steel myself

Cleaned kitchen splatters, wiped out kids lunch boxes and I really need to make butties for tomorrow. Actually, I have a salad so it’s just for them...

Then I’ll get changed before we go out!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #91
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 11th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 34,986 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Afternoon all

I'm still gutting the house in an attempt to make it habitable enough to move back into at the end of the month. Valli x
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    HANG ON! House, end of the month = no more caravan! Really? That is amazing news, so pleased for you, especially with winter coming. We need to raise a little toast to you on moving in day.

Hope you enjoy the meal Bossy.

Tired. BUT I went to the gym first thing before the madness of work. Went to the shops then Li@l then home to crack on with more paid stuff. DH is painting, its too wet for him to work and DS1 is home early because his boss also sent him home - its grim out there. He is supposed to be doing some coursework.

So I am hoping someone else can take care of tea while I earn us some money.

I dont really do the boys rooms, they are big enough to do their own but I will have a little tidy and gather up some laundry later.

But first there is work to be done.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 11th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 9,796 Posts
    • 105,428 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Narco (((HUGS))) I don't know what to say, hun.
    There isn't a 'cut-off' it just feels wrong for me.. I'm delighted for everyone else who finds happiness.. maybe I'm just jealous too lol
    Originally posted by pigpen
    That's how I am about having children - I'm delighted for anyone who wants a child who has one, but it's just not for me.
    But to hear some people, they either assume that I couldn't have had them, or else that I'm some sort of monster (maybe I am!!)

Big fat fail today - apart from seeing to the doglets' needs, of course. I'm afraid the lupus has knocked me sideways yet again.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 11th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 2,414 Posts
    • 15,033 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    DD after school sports club was cancelled due to rain so we are all tucked up on the sofa, they have their tablets and I'm watching an old episode of Friends

It's grey here so we will all be putting pjs on soon.

YL - your post from yesterday about feeling adrift & how fragile things are really resonated with me. It's how I often feel, which is sad.

Dizzy - keep on keeping on love, you're sooooo close now you must be delighted xx

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 10.9.17 - £122,780
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 11th Oct 17, 5:36 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 3,719 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Exciting times, Dizzy!

Feel better soon vibes for LW. Damn that lupus. And of course you haven't failed, as the doglets will be more than happy with you being there.

Well I didn't quite catch up on the lists, but I did dust and vac the bedrooms, landing and stairs. I even got carried away and pulled out a couple of bits of furniture to clean behind before I saw sense and just did the bits I could easily reach.

Planning meeting ticked off, DD met, but she wanted to come home. I dragged her for a quick shop because I had a voucher and there were things we needed , then we came home as DH is going to take her to the school meeting this evening. And I can go volunteering, which I was quite looking forward to missing for a change. Never mind, at least I don't have to go far.

Dinner prepped ready for whoever gets home first to put in the oven. You would think it was rocket science the number of times I have had to explain....turn oven on, shove ready prepped tray in....
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 11th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 23,093 Posts
    • 89,326 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    I'm back from work, there was actually a clean mug for my first cup of tea (I won't drink the stuff at work because we're too stupid to be trusted with kettles and real boiling water, so have those boiler thingies on the wall that spit steam and drip everywhere, just because they heat water to a temperature too low to make palatable tea, as that's apparently 'safer') and the house is peaceful.

He's locked away in a recording studio somewhere in London since 10am and will be there until stupid o'clock, which means I have only myself to please/feed/entertain.

Dumped the blob of meat related product in the cats' bowls, put the kettle on and, rather than doing anything useful here, I think I might grab my gym bag and trundle off down there for the evening, finishing off with the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi before walking back just as Wait rose have put their YS goods on the shelves. Which means I should have a decent lunch tomorrow.

Today's offerings were pitiful. A sandwich bag of celery and carrots, followed by a 'Simple Salad' bowl from Mr T, which translates as the peelings from cabbage, lettuce, carrot and 0.057 of a red pepper with no protein, fat, dressing - or flavour, apparently.

I will also, assuming I can find a clean plate and a pan, have something nice for dinner when I get back. I reckon I've got about 7,500kcals going spare from the last week, so I don't think I need to worry about whether it's particularly healthy or virtuous tonight.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 11th Oct 17, 7:51 PM
    • 9,309 Posts
    • 118,103 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Hugs all round
    Daily stuff done
    Work done
    HM curry made and eaten
    Sun, Sea
    • Valli
    • By Valli 11th Oct 17, 7:56 PM
    • 20,090 Posts
    • 228,246 Thanks
    Valli
    My steam cleaner is home
    It was delivered to work.
    My colleagues are much amused by my delight in it!
    I've also had a very tricky phone call...boss much amused by my controlled anger and absolute denial of cashing the cheque and my accusation against the bank staff because if someone's had it away with the PTA money it has to have been someone at their end.

Now marking or steam mopping.?

I've had curry too, with SW curry sauce, mushrooms and leftover chicken. Nyom
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 11th Oct 17, 9:50 PM
    • 23,093 Posts
    • 89,326 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Wait rose's YS quota wasn't too impressive tonight.

So within ten minutes of getting back, I have had

Lime and chilli squid (intended for 2 people)
    A massive pack of sushi (intended for 2 people)

and a Goats' cheese and beetroot wrap. (intended for 1 person who hasn't already inhaled 4 so called servings of food).

I'm still hungry. The turkey pieces that were intended for tomorrow's lunch along with a stupidly virtuous salad involving kale, spinach and suchlike are beginning to call to me from the kitchen.

Maybe I should have just gone to the chip shop?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 11th Oct 17, 9:57 PM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 34,986 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Sorry to hear your news Narco.

And Valli I love new household gadgets.

DS2 has a really bad stomach bug, poor love. Hoping it doesn't go around us all. I am in bed, 15 minutes reading and I will be asleep.

atb you know the worst of it? The better things get for DS1 the more I worry that it will all go wrong.

Sorry, random, brain fuddled post. Time to put this away.
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 11th Oct 17, 10:38 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Thanks for hugs. Mr N went round to see friend's husband this morning, made a couple of phone calls for him then went round to see a mutual friend who hadn't yet heard the news .
    I put a meal in the slow cooker, sorted some paperwork out and went to uni so that's 3 assessments I need to finish writing up.
    Finally caught up with putting clothes away from my weekend.
    We managed to go to our dance class tho must say my heart wasn't in it and my coordination was worse than usual. Dropped in to Mr A on the way home having forgotten it shuts at 10pm so we've that delight to come tomorrow. My brother is up for the weekend (from tomorrow eve) which will be lovely but not conducive to writing reports I feel. At least I've meal planned and the spare room is ready.
    Glad house is coming on so well Dizzy. Hugs to anyone else.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 11th Oct 17, 10:41 PM
    • 3,405 Posts
    • 17,164 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    I'm back from work, there was actually a clean mug for my first cup of tea (I won't drink the stuff at work because we're too stupid to be trusted with kettles and real boiling water
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted
    I had been at work 10 years (not an exageration!) before it was decided we were responsible enough to be allowed our drinks at our desks. Before that we would take it in turns to run out and neck a cuppa between phone calls.
    It was a busy new years eve, so I think the boss realised if we were allowed drinks at the desk it meant no-one had to pause phones and leave the room.

I have done very little flying today, been feeling rotten with the flu. I'm hoping I'm better before my half marathon on Sunday.
    I have managed to empty and re-fill the dishwasher, de-cobwebbed the porch, cooked and eaten tea, and cleaned up a hot-spot. I've also booked a window-fixing man to come round tomorrow to quote on a window we can't open.

Not too bad I suppose for spending all day in bed.

Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    - NSD's - /20
    EF Challenger #36 £1000/£5050
    / Lose weight 22.2 / 30lbs
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 11th Oct 17, 10:50 PM
    • 4,931 Posts
    • 51,625 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all

Gosh Dizzy - how great that would be. Fingers xd and sending some spare spoons and guag.

Please let me know how you get on with the steam thingy Valli, as been thinking about getting one for a while.

Hope you enjoyed your meal Bossy - not that I'm in the least 'green'

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    Cookathon is proceeding - now on the last one, the chilli
    Small freezer sorted and re-stacked neatly.

Numpty-head here had the wrong day for my hospital appointment. Good job I looked at the letter this morning as it was not today but tomorrow Still, at least managed to cut a swathe through the flying instead.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Extras:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom [
    DONE

Wishful Wednesday ~ spare room
    DONE

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Extras
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!

Hugs, spoons and sticks if you need some
    Hope you all have a lovely Thursday
    Lx
    Last edited by lynnejk; 11-10-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=1984....OCT=253.25/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1486....OCT=151.55/200
    Bulk buy.......OCT=21.09
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=126....OCT=15/15
    SPC130x57...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=764.96
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 11th Oct 17, 11:22 PM
    • 36,024 Posts
    • 464,273 Thanks
    pigpen
    I cooked vegetables.. peas count right? I distressed Dot.. she had to have hysteria over peas.. 10 of them, on her plate.. I'm so evil someone must ring the SS lol

Oh on his way home, he has his first split shift on Saturday so I have to take all 3 girls to their swimming lesson on my own.. and walk there, and back.. I'm after being dead already.. I could get a bus halfway but I think that would just make things worse.

Best go put the kettle on ..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Valli
    • By Valli 12th Oct 17, 4:34 AM
    • 20,090 Posts
    • 228,246 Thanks
    Valli
    Just woke up so put DW and WM on.

Did do floor. Super! And dried super fast inc. utility 'area' which takes hours to dry when mopped at night.

Itching to use handheld unit with various gadgets but that willl have to wait. Clean grout here I come!

Back to the land of nod x
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 12th Oct 17, 7:22 AM
    • 2,414 Posts
    • 15,033 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Narco - hugs to you lovey x
    YL - poor DS I hope he picks up quickly xx

Big meeting at 10am so posi vibes needed, will put my big girl knick knocks on and my best mascara

After that will treat myself to a mooch in the local CS and pop into Aldi. Will also do the floors. Right, breakfast won't make itself, have lovely days all xx
    Last edited by atypicalblonde; 12-10-2017 at 7:54 AM.
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 10.9.17 - £122,780
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 12th Oct 17, 8:10 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Not gone backwards
    So it's Thursday already, nothing will get done today as slept a bit later (much needed) and have hair cut and work and lunch with a friend then more work. But ready to go out now and can say bedroom has been tidied round, living room too, 2 more bits put away in bathroom and a quick 5 minute burst will have it sorted ready to clean. Kitchen is 'ok', everything in DW or washed up, end of table where we sit clear and working part of work surface clear.

Not going backwards on my busy days is a big success for me, so going to be happy with that. Will see what I get done tonight and tomorrow is another day (and one where I don't work, although do have 1 appointment at estate agent)

SMILE everyone, remember it reduces stress.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 12th Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 33,172 Thanks
    ionafan
    (((Hugs))) to atb, Narc0, Valli, YL and anyone else who needs them xxxx
    GWS vibes for all poorlies.

Thanks for healing vibes for Rosie - she is fully recovered now.

I am off out with a friend this morning (late breakfast at local GC) and will do shopping on my way home. I need to do college work this afternoon because I have to return the very useful book I'm currently reading on Tuesday for someone else to borrow. I'd rather be out in the gardenwhile the sun shines...

House still tidy, apart from DH's cactus which Rosie knocked off the DR windowsill and is now lying under the table in the most awkward inaccessible place. Washing was up to date until I found grey streaks on my cream jacket, so that will have to go in the WM today with a couple of other bits to make up a load.

to progress in the house, Dizzy - love the cobwebs idea!

Catch up later - hope everyone's day turns out better than expected x
    • aklmatthews
    • By aklmatthews 12th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 982 Thanks
    aklmatthews
    It's been a bit strange for the last week firstly other half has been off work with a back injury from last Wednesday also been very busy with paid work. I am catching up on housework but still a bit behind. I am feeling a bit stressed and concerned other have hurt his back last Wednesday and was at doctors on Thursday was given medication and a sick note for two weeks. At weekend he was able to move around a lot better but still in pain and unable to lift anything or bend. We were invited to a wedding on Saturday and although we could not go all day as planned because of the pane other half was in in the evening we went for a couple of hours got a lift there and back and only stayed a couple of hours. One of other halfs work colleagues found out and reported it to manager who we are told by a different work college is not happy. Other have as a physical job involving lifting standing and operating and cleaning machinery. Yes he was well enough to go out and sit in a pub for a couple of hours but that is not the same as working a full 8/12 hour shift. He has not been contacted by company as they are not allowed to contact employees when off sick but I am worried what will happen when he returns to work. This is really stressing me and I can not stop thinking about it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin