Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 2,402Posts
    • 34,599Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017 8th Oct 17 at 9:09 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Ok here goes this Week...

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One..
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I donít want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extras:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extras..
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. donít store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...
    Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Donít forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three...
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    ExtrasÖ
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box youíll have to choose another area!
    • 30 minutes ironing

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...
    Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!

ExtrasÖ
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • 30 minutes ironing.

Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    ExtrasÖ
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Get those uniforms, games kits, coats and things in the wash which you will need on Monday

FRIDAY EXTRA - Don't forget your ME time this weekend, even if it's just a nice relaxing bath!!! Go on you deserve it
    Last edited by Natty68; 13-10-2017 at 6:46 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 2
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 9th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 9,358 Posts
    • 118,615 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Hello

Thank you for all the list
    Apple crumlbe made
    Hoovered house
    Bins out
    Other 'stuff' done
    Bed done
    WM x loads done
    Sun, Sea
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 9th Oct 17, 7:00 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 4,535 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Evening all. Sorry I'm so late again. Thank you for the lists, last week and this week.

I'm in but it will probably be after a fashion. Today has been limited to the dailies, and the WM hasn't even finished its only load yet. Ironing pile was seen off before work, and I also managed to s&s the toilets and basins. Bins are out for the morning and the kitchen is tidy. Tidy-ish.

DD isn't feeling too good, so I need to stay positive there, but I am going to get her a dr appointment. DH is stressed with FiL. Oh and tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. A big one, not sure how that happened!

I have read the thread, including the end of last week's, but nothing much has stuck. Hugs, sticks and posi vibes to anyone who needs them. I'm jealous of your crochet classes though HB, as I have tried lots in the past, but crocheting doesn't seem to stick in my head. See I did remember something I read!
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 9th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 23,371 Posts
    • 90,852 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Jojo.. there is a world of difference between can't and won't.. I know you need to do these things to make him move forward in the world.. I'm sure you are just the type of person he needs to kick him into touch, tbh, OH had job offers from the interviews where I didn't let him go looking like a scruff.. And wedding?? When was this decided? I am in awe.. I didn't think you would succumb to such advances you seem far too much of a very independent free-spirited lovely battleaxe.. I'm really pleased for you.. belated congratulations! <3
    Originally posted by pigpen

He decided to take the risk last September. He caught me in a good mood (possibly due to the amount of gin he had been buying for me that evening ).

If he wants it to actually ever happen though, there's a little matter of gainful employment to deal with, as I'm not signing my life away on any dotted lines to somebody unemployed at my expense.

No update from the place as yet, but have been contacted today by somebody I worked with until last academic year, who says a post similar to my old - non physical - job might be coming up at a rather posh old school about 3 miles away. I shall investigate and, dependent upon the hours/salary, I shall either apply or Himself will be directed to do so.

ETA: don't think he's been particularly productive today, but he was in the process of changing the bed covers over when I walked in from work. And I am prepared to eat from the kitchen as it stands today, so he's not been languishing in the pit of despair about having to potentially wear a suit for the first time if he gets a job.
    Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 09-10-2017 at 7:05 PM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 9th Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    • 36,162 Posts
    • 466,134 Thanks
    pigpen
    Well I'm even more impressed.. mainly at how much gin you must have consumed!! lol Marriage is never going to happen in here.. I think I might just be far too old for such capers.. a friend got married last year at 55 and it just felt wrong.. I mean, why bother at that age? another friend got married in may at 43 .. Maybe I am just jealous and bitter because I'm unworthy .. I am really pleased for you though.. and everything crossed for his job!! If OH can land himself employment anyone can.. this is the first job he has ever had where he had to impress at interview and get by himself.. previously he worked for his dad, then with his dad then for his friend.. the factory was agency and they will literally employ anyone..

My kitchen is still unswept, unmopped and unclean.. the granite surfaces are clear and wiped and wall units wiped and I even excelled myself and did a window sill.. I have thrown nothign away and I don't know why!

Dustpans were cleaned out, one contained a mountain of stinking mouldy lord knows what.. so that was revolting.

fruit flies are taking over the world.. I swear those darn things will not die!! What do you do to get rid of them short of a flame thrower?

Washing all up to date still.. and I am still refusing to bring the landing pile of towels which DD3 turfed out of her room.. and I told her I want my spoons back!

The baby is currently trying to get juice from an empty beaker she has place in my trainer.. she is so absolutely her fathers daughter! lol

The courier from M&S almost refused to leave my parcel.. OH's mum used my facebook name on it which is of course not my name and I had to show them my facebook to get them to leave it as they know my name and knew it was not that! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry over that.

Bed time for mini-beast I think and cuppa time for me!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Valli
    • By Valli 9th Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    • 20,161 Posts
    • 229,031 Thanks
    Valli
    some you know what has hit the fan...

and I have decluttered 1.5 lbs at SW which is a miracle

done nowt in the hovel though
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • PiggyBankShaker
    • By PiggyBankShaker 9th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 3,101 Thanks
    PiggyBankShaker
    Hi Fliers!

Jumping in after a HUGE break from the forum and hoping to join you lovely people.

Just sort of woke up to the fact that it's our 10-year 'housiversary' in December and decided that I want to get everything shipshape by then. We spent several years doing non-stop renovations and home improvements but it's still not 'perfect' because I don't get on with housework and I have slight hoarding tendencies.

So, I'm here to kick myself and my house into shape once and for all. Starting tomorrow... master bedroom day, right?

Thanks, lovelies!
    Trying to declutter, tidy and clean in time for our 10-year 'housiversary.'
    • ruby_eskimo
    • By ruby_eskimo 9th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 12,434 Thanks
    ruby_eskimo
    Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! Determined to do as much as possible this week.

Have had a bit of a rubbish day at work; boss was back from annual leave and it's always fun when he's trying to catch up with stuff while I'm trying to do my own thing! Only 3 weeks till I go away!

Level One..
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?

Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc

Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I donít want anyone electrocuted!!
    Extras:
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms

Not a bad start to the week! I change towels and sheets on a Saturday so will be doing that then, along with cleaning the floor (fingers crossed!). Also managed to do a food shop on the way home tonight so all stocked up for the week ahead.
    Emergency Fund - £1000 / £1,000 :: Holiday Fund -£3,600 / £3,600
    Sealed Pot 2017 #24 :: VSP #29 - £110.56:: NSD 2017 - 12 / 200 Weight Loss: 34 / 51lbs May GC - £0/ £200
    Engaged 9th December 2010 Married 29th October 2015
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 9th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 17,292 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    A couple more things crossed off the list.

Level One..
    Level Two...
    Level Three...
    Extras:
    • Clean the radiators in these room
    Other bits
    Organise stuff to sell
    Tidy books
    Paint Duncans room

On top of that I have...
    Emptied DW
    Had a lovely soak in the bath
    Cooked tea
    Re-stacked DW ready for tomorrow morning
    Wrestled one of those little silicon packets out of the pups mouth (I must have dropped it while emptying the final move box)
    Frantically vaccumed the scattered silicon as the packet tore when I retrieved it (pups mouth thouroughly checked for escapees)
    Finished emptying and tidying away all the bits from the last box

Now I'm off to bed with a cuppa and a book
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov NSD's - /25 / Lose weight 29.0 lbs / 30lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £900/£5050
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 9th Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    • 23,371 Posts
    • 90,852 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    some you know what has hit the fan...

and I have decluttered 1.5 lbs at SW which is a miracle

done nowt in the hovel though
    Originally posted by Valli

: How so, Valli?

I took advantage of the only mildly disgusting kitchen to chuck ingredients for lentil soup into the SC. If it's vaguely edible, that's lunch for the next fortnight a few days. Trouble is that I'm sitting here now smelling rather strongly of chopped garlic. Perfect for warding off annoying teenagers tomorrow, though, so it still has its uses.

He's wandered off upstairs and is either trying to knock through to next door or he's tidying something. I'm not sure what would be more traumatic.

Can't wait until he attempts to disassemble the ironing board where I CBAd to put it away last night. I should really film it and set it to music - Yakety Sax, anyone?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 9th Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 4,386 Posts
    • 35,747 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Checking in. Up at 6am, drag on gym kit, tie up hair messily trying to make it look like it has been done like that on purpose. Chicken in sc, son to bus stop. 30 minutes gym, shower, breakfast and 4 hrs madly busy at job no. 1. Dash to supermarket then home to walk the dog, throw gibble off kids floors onto their beds and run the hoover round. Toilets cleaned and bathroom swished. 1.5 hrs paid stuff on job no. 2 while DS1 sorted tea.

Tea eaten, kitchen tidied, DW on. DS2 collected from bus and taken to GF. Massive tidy up of paperwork in office and a little more paid stuff. All done at 9pm.

So now its PJs on and very soon bed. My office has not really been cleaned but it is so much tidier. I will scrub the bath/shower while I am in it tomorrow morning.

Well done the lbs Valli ... everything else OK?
    • Valli
    • By Valli 9th Oct 17, 10:47 PM
    • 20,161 Posts
    • 229,031 Thanks
    Valli
    Not my mess - but in true Flylady fashion I wil clean it up and, in the process, clean up! (Kerching) cannot share.

In other news I have a two day a week office job to run alongside my other job, starting Monday!

Should help with that *points to siggy*
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 9th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 5,045 Posts
    • 52,443 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all and a warm welcome/welcome back to ruby_eskimo, BearPearSun, raphael

Congrats raphael on getting a new house

Well done Valli - new p/t job, lost more weight and sorted the * that hit the fan. Brilliant start to the week

Happy wedding anniversary Fayolle for tomorrow

Thank you ladies for the lists, last week and this week

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    I have dusted all through, top to bottom

Been busy batch cooking all afternoon. Will finish it tomorrow and then portion and freeze. Think I might try to defrost small freezer first whilst it's not chocker, though I also have a Mr T delivery tomorrow as well.

Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Extras:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Check fire alarms are working
    Extras..
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Sending gws vibes for the pooches (and peoples if you need some)
    Hugs, spoons and sticks all round as needed
    Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    Last edited by lynnejk; 09-10-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=2370....DEC=80.15/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1800....DEC=89.24/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=101.44
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=191....DEC=2/15
    SPC130x60...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843.51
    OS WL= -4/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 10th Oct 17, 3:11 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Monday list all done

Finally hit my DS's bedroom today, sorting out old toys before xmas and also decoupaging into football theme - will take me all week but headway made

Today's list copied ready for tomorrow, although I start physio tomorrow morning so unsure what i'll get done
    Last edited by donnajt; 10-10-2017 at 3:16 AM.
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Oct 17, 9:33 AM
    • 9,358 Posts
    • 118,615 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

Valli well done on 2nd job.
    Finally mananger to check my banks account, lazyitis set in................garage has finally decided how much I owe them for the car service over 2 ot 3 weeks ago now.........so I'll pop down and pay them

Wm is no
    Ironing to do
    I'll also run the hoover around, OH did it, but not to my standard, so as he is at work for the day...........it will get done again

back later
    Sun, Sea
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 10th Oct 17, 10:23 AM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 17,292 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Morning all, slow start for me this morning, fell back to sleep until 08:30, still in my pjs now.
    Window cleaner I messaged yesterday has knocked on the door unexpectedly, so that's been organised at least.

Level Two...
    Clean toilets
    Level Three...
    Extras:
    • Clean the radiators in these room
    Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working Thanks for this. I suddenly realised I had no idea if we had smoke alarms! Didn't cross my mind during the move. Luckily we have two, I have now tested & they are working.
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Extras..
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. donít store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it! Back door is always open for the pup so draughts are ignored in our house. Might be time to see if he will be happy with a doggy dog as winter sets in thou!

Other bits
    Organise stuff to sell
    Tidy books
    Paint Duncans room

BF has finished the cladding, so its time to paint the room. I have painted the lampshade this morning with a little tester paint we had left over.
    The one in the room was mint green, and we're going for a burnt orange & red mahogany theme so it didn't suit. I couldn't find a new one I liked, so I have improvised. Doesn't look half bad.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov NSD's - /25 / Lose weight 29.0 lbs / 30lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £900/£5050
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 10th Oct 17, 10:43 AM
    • 6,821 Posts
    • 87,041 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Morning!

House looked like chaos this morning, but having just been round setting it back in order, it didn't take as long as expected. Just baby paraphernalia really. I think he's waking up so will see to the nappy and feed him.

Expecting groceries to arrive, so could do with wiping the fridge out. Have kids clothes to put away too. And some more reading. Will S&S upstairs bathrooms today as well. DW is on, and I'll do a small wash in a bit. Microbaby barfed on DS blanket

We have dentist after school, then hopefully a peaceful evening. Think mum will be collecting microbaby before the school run. Aww, kiddies were very excited to take him to school this morning and show him to their friends. They didn't even argue about pushing the pram, just took turns really nicely

Right. Bums and tums to attend to!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 10th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 4,681 Posts
    • 47,164 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    You have lovely kids, Bossy, even if they do test your patiencea bit sometimes.

If I haven't done it I'm not going to worry about it, look at what I have done not what I haven't. Be positive.
    Originally posted by Mademoiselle
    That's the way to look at it, Mademoiselle. We spend far too much time aiming for perfection when, 'It'll do' is good enough.

Happy anniverary Fayolle! I hope you have a really lovely day and your DD recovers quickly. As for crocheting, this is the third time I've signed up for a course and done it - I've signed up for loads more that have been cancelled because of lack of numbers. This tutor is absolutely brilliant, and runs very reasonable courses once or twice at year here. I love the place. I'm practising like crazy because we're moving on to squares this Saturday, and then hats and flowers in about a month's time.

I think I might just be far too old for such capers.. a friend got married last year at 55 and it just felt wrong.. I mean, why bother at that age?
    At the ripe old age of 85 someone I knew got married for the first time. What do you think happens to us when we get past whatever age is the cut off point, Piggers?!!!!

Thank you for the healing vibes, Lamewolf. Kelpie's back to normal, so the defo worked. By the way, Ionafan, although I buy branded probiotic paste from Vet UK, they do a generic one that may be worth a try. I've found the website 100% reliable, having come across it via MSE years ago.

Lovely to see you back Raphael! Exciting, buying a house; absolutely right to get on top of the Flying and unpacking before it descends into the chaotic muddle most of us live in before we join the thread. I love your idea of painting the lampshade - I searched for months before I could find the lampshades I wanted, and eventually did at Trago Liskeard, but on reflection it would have saved a lot of time and money if I'd just painted the horrible coloured old ones.

Welcome back PiggyBankShaker!

Tidying up and finishing outstanding paperwork left over from yesterday's assault on it, then a bit more crochet homework, then sewing. The rest of the week's going to be flat out so I'm enjoying the calm while I have it. Have an excellent day, Flyladies!
    Keeping it AF
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Oct 17, 1:31 PM
    • 9,358 Posts
    • 118,615 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Kitchen now sorted
    Sandwich eaten
    Ironing all done
    Sun, Sea
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 10th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 16,419 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    I was about to say good morning to you all! Whoops!

Chaotic day/week so far. Managed to wash my bedding yesterday, went to the tip and did a whole host of other chores.

Elderly relative fell at the weekend. She has 4 grown up children, who all live near to her, yet one of them has suggested it's appropriate for her to come and stay with me for a few weeks She's 80 years old, can't wash/feed herself etc (broken arm) - but somehow it's appropriate for her to stay with me who a) has two young kids who are boisterous b) has 2 part-time jobs and c) is hardly ever at home. What the actual hell?! Why can't she stay with them?! Rant over. I would do anything to help but that seriously would be too much. It also wouldn't be fair on her.

Back to today. Had an argument with the pharmacist this morning, got drenched walking to school and it's DD swimming lesson after school. Roll on 7pm!

Will catch up properly tomorrow when I hope to have some proper time to crack on. Big hugs, sticks and spoons where needed xx

PS Valli - hope you're ok love xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 10th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 10,043 Posts
    • 107,909 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Fitbit has just told me I need to get off my butt and move, so no time like the present!
    Originally posted by x_raphael_xx
    Any piece of tech that started telling me I ought to move my butt would very swiftly find itself being given a free flying lesson - and not the sort of Flying we do here, either!
    a friend got married last year at 55 and it just felt wrong.. I mean, why bother at that age? another friend got married in may at 43 ..
    It's "horses for courses" I think; Mr LW was 53 and I was 43 when we got married.
    We spend far too much time aiming for perfection when, 'It'll do' is good enough.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Ah, that's my problem - I was taught at a very early age that anything less than perfect was Not Good Enough (got told off on one glorious occasion for *only* getting 98% in a maths exam) so when I fall short of perfect I get depressed and feel I want to stop bothering at all.

I'm pleased that Kelpie is feeling better, btw.

ETA: ATB just seen your post - you must've posted while I was typing. My reaction - Ridiculous and totally impractical. Plus, who on earth do they think they are, trying to dictate who you invite into your home to stay??
    Last edited by LameWolf; 10-10-2017 at 2:21 PM.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

881Posts Today

5,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin