Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PCNRECIPIENT
    • By PCNRECIPIENT 8th Oct 17, 8:06 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 3Thanks
    PCNRECIPIENT
    Please (please!) advise
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:06 PM
    Please (please!) advise 8th Oct 17 at 8:06 PM
    To the esteemed panel here,

I'm really in some distress having receiving a PCN, twice on the same das. I've spent the weekend reading threads about PCNs but still cannot ascertain which action is best. I'm sorry if now ask you questions which have you've answered to others.

Is this is a genuine-sounding PCN? Factors suggesting it is:
    i) The car park was visited on the day in question ii) The car ID'd is the keeper's car iii) It is POSSIBLE there was the alleged overstay (went beyond the 'free parking period).

OR -- is this not a genuine/reputable/creditable PCN? In other words, is the attached a 'try-on' and should the keeper ignore/challenge it and/or complain to the retailer (MORRISONS supermarket)? Factors suggesting something is indeed amiss:

i) The amount is not insignificant (£145), presumably because interest has accrued since July, and because they claim to have enlisted a tracing service (due to the vehicle's registered address changing), which presumably cost them money which they must want reimbursement for.

ii) This is the vey first the keeper has heard about it (no ticket at the time in July, but notification now -- October) iiii) There is no evidence and the statement 'agreed to by the driver' is untrue.

If it is genuine PCN and looks authentic/creditable, is the template "for IPC members" (posted on the 'NEWBIES' thread and commencing with the text "I am the registered keeper...") the most suitable template in this situation to use?

Or would you recommend just paying it? It's been suggested to enlist an appeal management firm, the likes of which charge a small-ish flat fee, (albeit without guarantee of overturning)? Could CoupounMad or another wise owl please advise on what the driver should do?

With many many thanks in advance,
    PCNRECIPIENT
    Last edited by PCNRECIPIENT; 08-10-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Page 2
    • PCNRECIPIENT
    • By PCNRECIPIENT 9th Oct 17, 12:26 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    PCNRECIPIENT
    you can check the trade body by googling BPA AOS and IPC AOS and looking for their name on both websites

you will find them on the BPA AOS site
    Thanks Redx; are you directing me in this way so that I can contact ECP online, because that's preferable to contacting them via snail mail (as it says on the Newbies thread), or just for my info, for future?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 12:36 AM
    • 16,116 Posts
    • 20,194 Thanks
    Redx
    for your info for the future (we are trying to educate you)

follow the appeal rules on the pcn for the ECP appeal (I have never appealed a private pcn)

if you have 2 pcn,s with the same reference number , then treat one as a duplicate and only appeal once, using the blue text template, by one of their approved appeal methods

hopefully Morrissons will cancel it on your behalf, but 2 attacks are better than none
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Oct 17, 12:40 AM
    • 3,991 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thanks Redx; are you directing me in this way so that I can contact ECP online, because that's preferable to contacting them via snail mail (as it says on the Newbies thread), or just for my info, for future?
    Originally posted by PCNRECIPIENT
    Immediately below that blue template you will have seen:
    DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP A SCREEN PRINT. USE ANY EMAIL APPEAL OPTION IF FIRMS OFFER IT.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin