Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andersontracks
    • By andersontracks 8th Oct 17, 5:22 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    andersontracks
    Single yellow line - parking fine
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:22 PM
    Single yellow line - parking fine 8th Oct 17 at 5:22 PM
    Hi

I parked on a single yellow Saturday night thinking it was ok to leave it there until Sunday. However I have been issued a penalty charge notice by the borough of Richmond as the plates do actually state no parking on Sunday 9-5.

The tickets says that the warden observed my car from 15:13 - 15:19. So 6 minutes.

I just wanted to check if I have to pay this as I thought they have to observe for 10 mins.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Oct 17, 5:56 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 16,999 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:56 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:56 PM
    You need to take this to pepipoo for best advice

This forum majors on private parking charges rather than "proper" council fines
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 8th Oct 17, 6:49 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 4,631 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 8th Oct 17, 6:49 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 6:49 PM
    10 minutes is for an overstay. If you are parked when you shouldn't, they can pretty much issue a ticket when they like.

Your only hope is a procedural or paperwork error, which councils are legendary for. So Pepipoo is your best port of call. They'll want scans of both sides of the ticket, redacted of your and your vehicle's details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,255Posts Today

8,042Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• PS Today's poll is obviously inspired by the real question I was asked and tweeted about last night.

• Not all firms have panels and HR teams. There are many very small businesses out there without such resources :) https://t.co/cLo0zO7Yqu

• Follow Martin