Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geoffgilfillan
    • By geoffgilfillan 8th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    geoffgilfillan
    New Flat Itinerary
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    New Flat Itinerary 8th Oct 17 at 4:30 PM
    Hello,

I will shortly be moving into my new flat. However, the flat was advertised as coming with a washing machine and fridge. I know that the fridge broke and was replace by the old tenant, who will probably want to take the fridge with them.

What is the legal standing here. If I arrive and there is no fridge/washing machine, can I get the landlord to buy one given that part of the reason I selected this flat was it was advertised as coming with these items.

Many thanks for advice.

Geoff
Page 1
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 8th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    HampshireH
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    If they are written into the contract/inventory. I would suggest just checking and asking first rather than waiting till you move in.
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 8th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 9,496 Posts
    • 5,150 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    Quick email to Letting agents asking to confirm there will be a working fridge/freezer and washing machine and who will maintain the applicances.
    Get a reply back to confirm
    • G_M
    • By G_M 8th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 41,459 Posts
    • 47,840 Thanks
    G_M
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    As advised above.

..... I know that the fridge broke and was replace by the old tenant, who will probably want to take the fridge with them.

Geoff
    Originally posted by geoffgilfillan
    If there was a fridge provided by the LL when the last tenants moved, they should leave a fridge when they move out, so they may want to take it with them, but if they do the LL is likely to charge them.

However that has nothing at all to do with your tenancy, and what you are provided with, so as above, ask and get it in wrighting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin